2009 - 2014 F-150

Sync won't download my phonebook?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync won't download my phonebook?

Hey guys, I picked up my Dads new lariat screw tonight and the salesman was explaining the sync system and he couldn;t get my phone or my dads (same phone) to download the phonebook. The phone is a motorola i576. Anybody else have this problem?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey bud, first of all congrats to your dad on his new truck. Now to your problem. Not all phones are supported by SYNC, and some phones don't offer the full functionality with SYNC that others may, for instance, your motorola i576 may not have phone book cabability w/ SYNC.

I looked on www.syncmyride.com for you and I couldn't find where they've even tested the i576 for use with SYNC, so be glad that it at least pairs to it.

The closest I found to your phone were the i580, i870, and i880, none of which support phone book download with SYNC.

Check out the chart of all the tested phones and their corresponding functionalities here: http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Suppor..._us_EN_iop.pdf

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by spydyrwyr
Hey bud, first of all congrats to your dad on his new truck. Now to your problem. Not all phones are supported by SYNC, and some phones don't offer the full functionality with SYNC that others may, for instance, your motorola i576 may not have phone book cabability w/ SYNC.

I looked on www.syncmyride.com for you and I couldn't find where they've even tested the i576 for use with SYNC, so be glad that it at least pairs to it.

The closest I found to your phone were the i580, i870, and i880, none of which support phone book download with SYNC.

Check out the chart of all the tested phones and their corresponding functionalities here: http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Suppor..._us_EN_iop.pdf

Spydy - great link and thanks for posting it To note, I couldn't find my Blackberry Curve listed as on eof the tested phones in the detailed list - but went your 1st lind "syncmyride" and entered my vehicle info an they had tested the Blackberry Curve!! Also, they don't mention it -but you can generally find and confirm your phone firmware version by going to your phones "Options" or "Settings" area and choosing the "about" menu.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 PM
My phone wasn't syncing any contacts until I manually updated it to the latest version it would let me (1.2?) then I could manually sync one contact at a time (but it didn't work with the full phonebook download). I don't have the same phone as you, but maybe updating SYNC might help?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by tbarjoe
My phone wasn't syncing any contacts until I manually updated it to the latest version it would let me (1.2?) then I could manually sync one contact at a time (but it didn't work with the full phonebook download). I don't have the same phone as you, but maybe updating SYNC might help?
Thanks for the help guys. It's frustrating because i know alot of contractors drive these trucks and alot of contractors use iden phones and yet none of them work.

How do i update sync?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lee in Ottawa
Thanks for the help guys. It's frustrating because i know alot of contractors drive these trucks and alot of contractors use iden phones and yet none of them work.

How do i update sync?
It's more of problem with the phones hardware/firmware than it is the sync firmware. First of all the phone HAS to have bluetooth no matter what. Then it has to be able to do certain functions via bluetooth which some do and some dont.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
It's more of problem with the phones hardware/firmware than it is the sync firmware. First of all the phone HAS to have bluetooth no matter what. Then it has to be able to do certain functions via bluetooth which some do and some dont.
The phone definately has bluetooth and there doesn't seem to be a firmware update for it yet, it's fairly new on the market (couple months i think). I tried my brothers lg chocolate tonight and it downloaded the phonebook no problem. Makes dialing so easy when it works.

Trending Topics

Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
The phone definately has bluetooth and there doesn't seem to be a firmware update for it yet, it's fairly new on the market (couple months i think). I tried my brothers lg chocolate tonight and it downloaded the phonebook no problem. Makes dialing so easy when it works.
Yep sounds like you phone dont allow phonebook upload via bluetooth. Try the redial funtion on the screen to see if the last numbers you dialed come on on the nav.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
My i580 is the same way. It will upload them but you MUST do it manually. The phone does not support the "Auto download" function. This has nothing to do with the sync as it is a function not support by the phone. I just simply entered the most frequently used ones and will add them as need be. As for the rest it functions just perfectly.

And a side note:
You can use the 2way talkie thru the sync BUT you MUST PUSH the talk button on the phone.
This allows you to still talk and hear thru the speakers while driving.

Last edited by jimbo2005; 03-11-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
There is a chart on the syncmyride site and it will tell you what phones they have tested that will allow you to download your phone book as well as read your incoming text messages to you.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
There is a chart on the syncmyride site and it will tell you what phones they have tested that will allow you to download your phone book as well as read your incoming text messages to you.
Yep... reference post #2 in this thread j/k

Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
My Verizon/Pantech PN820 isn't on the list of phones tested, but everything works 100%. Having my contacts loaded is huge when using voice recognition to make calls.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I activated my phone (a Razr, several years old) yesterday in my truck and had no phonebook either. I went to Verizon and asked them to do a firmware update. Took about 45 minutes and now the phonebook is loaded into the truck sync. Pretty slick. I'm impressed!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Update on this thread. I updated to sync 1.2 and all is now well, the auto download feature works and a few others that didn't before.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
pm me with your email address if you would like a complete copy:

TSB 08-25-3
SYNC SOFTWARE UPDATE - VARIOUS USER ISSUES

Publication Date: December 3, 2008

FORD: 2008-2009 Focus, Fusion, Taurus X, Taurus
2009 Mustang
2008-2009 Edge, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer
2009 Escape Hybrid, Escape, Expedition, F-150, F-Super Duty, Flex
LINCOLN: 2008-2009 MKZ
2009 MKS
2008-2009 MKX, Navigator
MERCURY: 2008-2009 Milan, Sable, Mountaineer
2009 Mariner Hybrid, Mariner

This article supersedes TSB 08-20-6 to update the vehicle model years, model lines covered and update the Service Procedure..

ISSUE:
Some 2008-2009 SYNC® equipped vehicles may exhibit a concern of the universal serial bus (USB) port being inoperative using various USB devices, phone book access difficulty on phone book entries when using voice commands or the SYNC® steering wheel control (SWC) switches being inoperative intermittently.

Quick Reply: Sync won't download my phonebook?