2009 - 2014 F-150

Will 2010 Lariat have power folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troyf150
You guys have about talked me out of the power folding mirrors. I found a Lariat that I really like at the local dealership with standard mirrors (not towing). My 2001 Supercrew fits in the garage just fine. Perhaps the 2009 is not much different. Would be interested in comparing total width of vehicles plus mirrors sticking out. BTW, I agree that 18 ft wide garage door would be better than 16 ft door, but it's not going to happen.
Troy, I wouldn't rip up and replace my garage door either...that would be a very expensive solution. Perhaps you can retrofit the Platinum power folding mirrors onto the Lariat? Wouldn't be exactly cheap - but (if possible) it would be much more reasonable than the construction required to enlarge your garage opening and replace the entire garage door.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by houtexonline
Actually - the Lariat does have the power folding mirrors available if you order the Chrome Package.
say what? Not so according to the order guide! Power fold mirrors are only on the KR and Platinum for 09.

2009 LARIAT CHROME PACKAGE (86L)
Availability:
• Optional on Lariat
Not available with:
• King Ranch Pkg. (86K) or Platinum Pkg.
Includes:
• 18" Chrome clad aluminum wheels
• 5" Chrome Tubular Running Boards
• Chrome exhaust tip
• Chrome front tow hooks (4x4 only)
• Side mirrors, power, heated, memory w/external mirror mounted
turn signal indicator & & driver's side self-dimming function with
chrome skull caps
Optional Equipment:
• Side Mirrors, Manual Telescoping Trailer Tow w/Power Glass
(includes heat, memory, turn signal, & puddle lamps) & Chrome
Skull (54X)
• 20" Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels (64X)

Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I was told by Ford that only the KR and Platinum have power folding mirrors. Unfortunately, power folding mirrors are not available on XLT and Lariat for 2009. Although in 2008 you could get power folding mirrors on the Lariat. Hopefully, Ford will offer power folding mirrors as an option on the 2010 Lariat. I really can't justify spending extra $$$ for KR or Platinum. I think Ford is trying to force people into these new higher levels. Lariat used to be high end, now it seems stripped down. The Platinum looks nice, but I would be very concerned about the power running boards. As for the KR, the seats are too red for my taste. My 2001 Supercrew is running fine, so I will wait until the 2010 models come out to see what happens. Thanks.

Last edited by troyf150; 04-13-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: add sentence
Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I just bought a KR and I'm very happy with it. Was only about $1000 more than the Lariat and seems much nicer. It has power folding mirrors and many other neat features. I love driving it. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Garages...

I was lucky enough to get a garage with an extra 2 feet on both sides and and extra 2 feet in depth... so we are able to get both my '09 SCREW and my wifes '08 Expedition EL in the garage with relative ease. The powerfold mirrors come in handy in making it easier to walk past the vehicles more than anything. My wife folds hers in consistantly because she parks closest to the doorway to the house... I sometimes remember to fold mine in, but most times don't. I do fold them in when parking in the parking garage at work and most other parking lots.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by troyf150
I just bought a KR and I'm very happy with it. Was only about $1000 more than the Lariat and seems much nicer. It has power folding mirrors and many other neat features. I love driving it. Thanks.
Troy - congrats on your new KR...have you posted pics yet? What color combo and options did you get (besides folding mirrors that is)

Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
i wonder if any aftermarket companys have tackled this...i would gladly pay a few bucks to have my mirrors fold in when i park, although the more i drive "dumbo" i have gotten adjusted to it.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Leave the poor guy alone! Tear up his garage?! C'mon, he asked for some advice and kinda got zinged. Just felt bad thought I'd stick up for him a bit. Anyways, he's got his KR now so he's good to go.

BTW, I agree with others here, most every garage is a complete joke. My garage is nothing more than storage for ride-on mower, wheelbarrow, recylables, etc. Unless you own a car, forget getting in there. And even with a car, it's very tight. If I won the lottery, I'd tear this house down, build another 1-story small house just like this, except with a very large, 2-car garage and a triple wide driveway. Ahhhhh... to dream.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Why would you have to rebuild your house for? Just buy the platinum or make your garage bigger. Unless you park your truck in your house? Also to be honest if the extra 4-5 inches of room that the mirrors will get you is really needed that bad then it sounds like you do need a bigger garage.
Gee, power folding mirrors doesn't seem to be an entirely unreasonable option on a pretty high-end truck.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
The KR comes with power folding mirrors that include puddle lights. The KR also has many other features that would cost extra with a Lariat. Pic below. I got white and 20" wheels and chrome running tube. The leather inside is what gets people's attention.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I love the KR's interior but I'm not a fan of the two tone exterior color, Do they make them in one solid color?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:56 PM
My old 2001 F-150 was single color, red. I think the two-tone keeps the white F-150 from looking like a work truck. It's a $250 option. I have seen Lariats and XLTs without the two-tone paint job so it should be possible to get the color you want.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Does the 2010 Harley Davidson F-150 have power folding mirrors?

Quick Reply: Will 2010 Lariat have power folding mirrors?