2009 - 2014 F-150

Will 2010 Lariat have power folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will 2010 Lariat have power folding mirrors?

I'm hoping that the power fold mirrors that were available in 2008, but not 2009, will be available again on the 2010 Lariat. I have delayed buying a new truck because of this. Power folding mirrors are necessary because it is difficult to get these trucks into a garage or small parking space.

People are complaining about the new 2009 F-150 Lariat NOT having power fold mirrors.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/con...RDetailkey=162

"The F-150 Lariat is based at $37,990 and my vehicle as tested stickered at $47,745. For $47,000 it could have used power folding mirrors - it is an inconvenience, at that price, get out to fold the mirrors manually in order to park in your garage."

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...s-mirrors.html

Response from Ford...

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the unavailability of the power folding mirror on the 2009 Ford F150 Lariat.

From time to time, vehicle options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

The Customer Relationship Center is unaware in advance of changes that our Engineering and Design Team may be making and the specific reasons that the changes may be made in the future.

If you are interested in some futuristic vehicle design ideas that we are working on, visit us at:

1. www.ford.com
2. select 'Innovation'

We think you will like what you see.

Furthermore, your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford Motor Company and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement. We have documented your comments which will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that your future experiences with Ford products will be more positive.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952.

Sincerely,
Leah
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

For online support visit us at: www.customersaskford.com which contains answers to frequently asked questions and links to other key product and service information.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks like the exact same automated email i get back from them.

If you are looking at lariats at that price your right at platinum price's. Your almost better of getting the platinum and having all of it's cool features.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah for 47k you might as well get a platinum. With x-plan and rebates a fully loaded platinum is around 40k. You would get the mirror and power steps.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by trolls56
Yeah for 47k you might as well get a platinum. With x-plan and rebates a fully loaded platinum is around 40k. You would get the mirror and power steps.
Yep power mirrors, Power running boards, auto wipers, quiter cabin, Better interior, Better quality matrials, Power wheel, Better wheels and so on.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can afford a $40k truck, why not a 9' wide garage door instead of 8'?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Angry Garage Door

Actually, I have a 16 ft garage door. I like to park close to the wall to give my wife more room for her car. I used to leave my pickup outside until it was broken into. Now I want it in the garage. I think the mirrors are bigger on the 2009 versus the 2001.

IMHO, it would be more reasonable for Ford to offer the $200 option for power fold mirrors (like GM and Dodge already does, and Ford did in 2008) on the $40,000 Lariat truck than for me to re-build my $450,000 house.

Don't you think, APT?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by troyf150
Actually, I have a 16 ft garage door. I like to park close to the wall to give my wife more room for her car. I used to leave my pickup outside until it was broken into. Now I want it in the garage. I think the mirrors are bigger on the 2009 versus the 2001.

IMHO, it would be more reasonable for Ford to offer the $200 option for power fold mirrors (like GM and Dodge already does, and Ford did in 2008) on the $40,000 Lariat truck than for me to re-build my $450,000 house.

Don't you think, APT?
Why would you have to rebuild your house for? Just buy the platinum or make your garage bigger. Unless you park your truck in your house? Also to be honest if the extra 4-5 inches of room that the mirrors will get you is really needed that bad then it sounds like you do need a bigger garage.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 PM
APT
How about an 18' double garage door? Won't require a new $451k house, just like the power folding mirrors won't require a new $45k truck.

Are you talking about the standard mirrors on the Lariat or the towing ones? Are the towing ones (Max Tow Package) power?

Somehow, people have survived with large mirrors before. With a 16' door, getting two cars inside there needs to be more room for the door to open than the extra width of the mirrors. I have 1 9' door and 1 16' door. I don't understand what the problem is. How wide is the garage? How much space on each side of the 16' door? I get my truck (older, not so wide standard mirrors) and a minivan in without problem in the 16' door, but I often angle one or both away from each other once inside the door. I have never parked one vehicle under the door and tried to get the other one inside.

I agree with Barrita, a bigger garage (not just the door) would be better. Platinum is still about a $2k premium, and maybe you don't like some of the extra things or styling it has. Depending on what side hits the door frame, maybe backing the truck in would be better so that you can lower the window and manually pull in the mirror instead.

Last edited by APT; 04-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by APT
How about an 18' double garage door? Won't require a new $451k house, just like the power folding mirrors won't require a new $45k truck.

Are you talking about the standard mirrors on the Lariat or the towing ones? Are the towing ones (Max Tow Package) power?

Somehow, people have survived with large mirrors before. With a 16' door, getting two cars inside there needs to be more room for the door to open than the extra width of the mirrors. I have 1 9' door and 1 16' door. I don't understand what the problem is. How wide is the garage? How much space on each side of the 16' door? I get my truck (older, not so wide standard mirrors) and a minivan in without problem in the 16' door, but I often angle one or both away from each other once inside the door. I have never parked one vehicle under the door and tried to get the other one inside.

I agree with Barrita, a bigger garage (not just the door) would be better. Platinum is still about a $2k premium, and maybe you don't like some of the extra things or styling it has. Depending on what side hits the door frame, maybe backing the truck in would be better so that you can lower the window and manually pull in the mirror instead.
Well he must be talking about the standard mirrors as they are the only power fold mirrors. But even if he folded his mirros in you will gain a max of 5". You have to remember that your running boards stick out a little also so you have to account for them. The mirrors will only make a difference on your wall side so the max you are gonna gain have the power fold is 5". But if i was you and parking that close to a wall i wouldnt want power fold just in case you hit the way. These mirrors are very expensive to replace.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
APT
So either pull in forward or back in such that the drivers side is the wall side, hit the auto down window and pull the mirror in. Or, angle in and straighten up once the mirror is past the door.

So does the power mirror manually fold by force, such as hitting said door?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Single door double garages on most homes built in the last 20-30 years are a joke. I have a 16' garage door but my actual garage is 30' wide. Plenty of room for two large vehicles and that is with workbenches and toolboxes on one side wall. Most modern "two car garages" are only practical for a single large vehicle or two small vehicles. Then I have to laugh at some deed restricted communities that force you to park in the garage.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
maybe don't need power fold mirrors afterall???

You guys have about talked me out of the power folding mirrors. I found a Lariat that I really like at the local dealership with standard mirrors (not towing). My 2001 Supercrew fits in the garage just fine. Perhaps the 2009 is not much different. Would be interested in comparing total width of vehicles plus mirrors sticking out. BTW, I agree that 18 ft wide garage door would be better than 16 ft door, but it's not going to happen.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
actual dimensions...

My 2001 Supercrew has a total wing span of 89.5" including the mirrors.

The new 2009 Supercrew has a total width of 97.0" including mirrors, 83.6" with mirrors folded, and 78.9" excluding mirrors according to the Ford catalog.

Now, 97 inches is equal to 8.1 feet, which is pretty dang wide for a standard garage door. Having the power fold mirrors would definitely make it easier to get the new truck in the garage.

Maybe a base King Ranch is not that much more than a Lariat and would have the power folding mirrors. Thanks guys for the lively discussion.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Actually - the Lariat does have the power folding mirrors available if you order the Chrome Package. I was needing the folding mirrors to get the truck into my garage. I have the two door setup with a column in the middle so there was no way to get in the garage without folding the mirrors. I found it was REALLY difficult to find the Lariat model with the Chrome Package and the NAV. It seemed to be one or the other. I would of had to order it and just did not want to deal with that. So I ended up getting a Platinum model with the power fold mirrors standard.

I was not looking to spend that much on the truck but after dealer incentives it turned out to be close to the price I was expecting to pay on a loaded Lariat (or even a KR). I just don't like the KR leather color now. Of course the power running boards and rain sensing wipers are cool to have now too.

Just wanted to mention that you can get the power folding mirrors on an 09 Lariat - with the right package on it.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by houtexonline
Actually - the Lariat does have the power folding mirrors available if you order the Chrome Package. I was needing the folding mirrors to get the truck into my garage. I have the two door setup with a column in the middle so there was no way to get in the garage without folding the mirrors. I found it was REALLY difficult to find the Lariat model with the Chrome Package and the NAV. It seemed to be one or the other. I would of had to order it and just did not want to deal with that. So I ended up getting a Platinum model with the power fold mirrors standard.

I was not looking to spend that much on the truck but after dealer incentives it turned out to be close to the price I was expecting to pay on a loaded Lariat (or even a KR). I just don't like the KR leather color now. Of course the power running boards and rain sensing wipers are cool to have now too.

Just wanted to mention that you can get the power folding mirrors on an 09 Lariat - with the right package on it.

I know the lariats mirrors are power mirrors but it's the first i heard about them being power fold. The website and brochure show them as having the standard power mirror's??

Quick Reply: Will 2010 Lariat have power folding mirrors?