2009 - 2014 F-150

Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the invoices on the trucks I am looking at. I call BS on the 10 grand off for X plan price on XLT. Post a pic of the invoice to prove it. I am only seeing 4-5K from MSRP to X plan and that is on a 42K dollar Fx4 which has more discount room. Even my 54k dollar F250 didn't have 10K in X plan savings. Here is my invoice on 09 FX4 Lux 42,215 sticker. 37,728 x plan, 36194 D plan,

Old 05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
To the OP - do you know what x-plan pricing is? Do you know what it is on this particular truck? If you are going to spend time trying some costco/sams club route, def. take the time to write here and ask them what the x-plan price is on your truck.

Basically go to FordDirect.com and find the vehicle by year, model, options, color, etc. and then verify the VIN number. Provide the model, color and dealer name (there might be multiple dealers in the same zip code). After that you can request a pin if needed. If you walk into the dealership with a pin and point to a specific truck you should be able to walk out of there at the X-plan price which should be lower than $3k off sticker I would assume

They have helped me out twice within 12 hours to find out what my pricing is, and, if needed, would set me up with a pin to use within another 12 (if that). If you have the X-plan price already I apologize as I'm just trying to help

Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I have the invoices on the trucks I am looking at. I call BS on the 10 grand off for X plan price on XLT. Post a pic of the invoice to prove it. I am only seeing 4-5K from MSRP to X plan and that is on a 42K dollar Fx4 which has more discount room. Even my 54k dollar F250 didn't have 10K in X plan savings. Here is my invoice on 09 FX4 Lux 42,215 sticker. 37,728 x plan, 36194 D plan,
they are talking about adding the rebates as well in order to get to around 9 or 10k off MSRP.
How did you get that invoice that shows all those plan prices and even the holdback I see on the lower left?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
How did you get that invoice that shows all those plan prices and even the holdback I see on the lower left?
Usually you can just ask the salesperson and they *should* show you.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 PM
they are talking about adding the rebates as well in order to get to around 9 or 10k off MSRP.
As wrobo23 said, the salesperson should show you the invoice. It shows most everything you would need. I know when I was sitting at his desk looking for trucks in the 300 mile radius from my location, we pulled up the invoice for each one we looked at. Not sure of what program he was using, but he had to log in with a user name/password.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I have the invoices on the trucks I am looking at. I call BS on the 10 grand off for X plan price on XLT. Post a pic of the invoice to prove it. I am only seeing 4-5K from MSRP to X plan and that is on a 42K dollar Fx4 which has more discount room. Even my 54k dollar F250 didn't have 10K in X plan savings. Here is my invoice on 09 FX4 Lux 42,215 sticker. 37,728 x plan, 36194 D plan
Your actual sticker price is $41,465 as the $750 FX4 discount is already taken out on the invoice. As you can see, when you ask/use the X-Plan, you are paying the FDAF/LMDA Assessment of $650. I was told this assessment is to re-coup advertising costs and other stuff. I'm not sure how acurate this is, but maybe someone else can clarify.

So, take your $41,465 and minus the X-Plan price of $37,728 and that will give you $3,737 off so far. Factor in your rebates and other incentives you may be eligible for and you'd be close to 8-10K off.

Most can negotiate the MSRP price to below the X-Plan price and then tack on the rebate(s). The plus to X-Plan is the dealer can't charge you more than a $75 documentation fee.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 PM
gpo
I got the following price.
Window Sticker...

X-Plan Discount and Delivery Allowance was $11310.04.

Cash Rebate was $2000.

I know they ended up tweaking some of the numbers to pay for the drop-in liner and window tint, but that was around $500 for both items. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 PM
gpo, that's cool that you posted that, but most likely the special discount and rebates is different in Canada versus the US???

As far as that invoice above, I realize the dealer can show you the invoice, but I never seen that format before that even shows the "holdback". also, I just use forddirect, or kbb or edmunds to get the ballpark invoice price before going to the dealer to negotiate.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 05-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
gpo
gpo, that's cool that you posted that, but most likely the special discount and rebates is different in Canada versus the US???

As far as that invoice above, I realize the dealer can show you the invoice, but I never seen that format before that even shows the "holdback". also, I just use forddirect, or kbb or edmunds to get the ballpark invoice price before going to the dealer to negotiate.
There would definitely be differences between the Canada and the US. I know the price can differ even between provinces. Based on what I got, I think using the Xplan was by far the best outcome for me. I will add that I got burned by the APR rate of 7.99%. So really if you are able to get 0%, that is like a 8K discount right there. Its the old comparison of discount to finance rate.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Regardless you posted a buy contract not the invoice like I did. The fact is X plan is only 3-5K off MSRP not ten or eleven grand. That is choked full of other rebates and discounts. I just didn't want potential buyers thinking X plan was worth that much by itself.
My dealer prints the invoices for me. He shows me the hidden dealer cash, floor plan, advertising, business owner rebate, the buy rate on my financing etc.. He charges me a flat 3-500 bucks over triple net for whatever I am buying at the time. I won't buy from anyone else. The paperwork never takes more than 30-45 minutes and no extras are pushed on me.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 05-02-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:12 PM
gpo
Not in the pic above the line is MSRP 42,215 the lower price reflects the 750 discount. Reguarless you posted a buy contract not the invoice like I did. The fact is X plan is only 3-5K off MSRP not ten or eleven grand. That is choked full of other rebates and discounts. I just didn't want potential buyers thinking X plan was worth that much by itself.
My dealer prints the invoices for me. He shows me the hidden dealer cash, floor plan, advertising, business owner rebate, the buy rate on my financing etc.. He charges me a flat 3-500 bucks over triple net for whatever I am buying at the time. I won't buy from anyone else. The paperwork never takes more than 30-45 minutes and no extras are pushed on me.
I agree completely. The discount of $11300 includes a $8000 "delivery allowance". SO in reality, the Xplan was only $3300. Now people just have to wait until Ford rolls out employee pricing for everyone, usually in the summer months.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I just brought my new Fx4 home tonight. MSRP of $39450 and I drove it home for 30,500 +TT&L. That is roughly 23% off MSRP. I qaulified for xplan and with all the rebates it came to the above. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion you can get 20-22% percent on these trucks. Went to 3 dealers and all three came to abou the same. Bottom line if your dealer is not willing to do it then go somewhere else.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:19 PM
gpo
Originally Posted by rbig18
I just brought my new Fx4 home tonight. MSRP of $39450 and I drove it home for 30,500 +TT&L. That is roughly 23% off MSRP. I qaulified for xplan and with all the rebates it came to the above. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion you can get 20-22% percent on these trucks. Went to 3 dealers and all three came to abou the same. Bottom line if your dealer is not willing to do it then go somewhere else.
Congrats!!! Post some pics when you get the chance

Old 05-01-2009, 11:42 PM
I went and test drove a new FX4 crew today that stickered at slightly over 40K. They said that they would give me 3K off the sticker, or either 0% interest for 3 years financing, and if financed for 4 years it would add interest, and the interest would increase some every additional year I financed it.

I got to say though what a nice truck they are. Its amazing how much these new trucks keep improving. I was blown away by how much room is in the back of that think. I'm 6'1 and I would of had to have slumped down where my butt would about fall off the seat for my knee's to touch the back of the front seats with them all the way back. My Uncles 09 Silverado Crew has nothing, and I mean nothing on the back seat room of a F150's crew. Hell I don't even think their 07 Avalanche can compete with it for space.

Still I'm not really in the market for a Crew that was just all they had FX4's in. I want a supercab FX4 with the 20's. Also the luxury package would be nice, but I don't want a sunroof. I also want the navigation and reverse camera.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
gpo
What was the interest rate if you take the 3k?

Quick Reply: Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....