2009 - 2014 F-150

Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fords rates are higher than most banks. they were like 4.9, 5.9 and 6.9 for 48, 60 and 72 months...

There are a lot of ways to buy a car. If you are not prepared they will try to get you on one end of the deal or the other. Anyway you cut it there seems to be 8K to be had on most of the 40K dollar plus trucks.
I may wait to order an 2010. I can turn in my 09 order by the 8th of May. I built one myself without the crap I didn't want and it saved 2-3 grand off what is on the lot. Plus I want the 6.5ft bed. The only one in Dallas has a 995 dollar hole in the roof I don't care to pay for

Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by gpo
What was the interest rate if you take the 3k?
IDK for sure, but the way I understood it was that if you take the 3K savings that an interest rate would apply even if you financed it for 3 year. Like the poster after you says I would finance it through someone else like a credit union.

When I said that Dodge an GM(Even though I'm considering neither as I buy Fords) are offering much better incentives, they told me that they weren't doing a bad as either of those two, which I knew was why I just wanted to see if they would straight up say it. One thing about Fords is their dealers typically leave alot to be desired.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
My Ford guy says rebates will shrink as GM and Chrysler give Ford less competition for sales during their turmoil. Buyer confidence is going to Ford.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrobo23
To the OP - do you know what x-plan pricing is? Do you know what it is on this particular truck? If you are going to spend time trying some costco/sams club route, def. take the time to write here and ask them what the x-plan price is on your truck.

Basically go to FordDirect.com and find the vehicle by year, model, options, color, etc. and then verify the VIN number. Provide the model, color and dealer name (there might be multiple dealers in the same zip code). After that you can request a pin if needed. If you walk into the dealership with a pin and point to a specific truck you should be able to walk out of there at the X-plan price which should be lower than $3k off sticker I would assume

They have helped me out twice within 12 hours to find out what my pricing is, and, if needed, would set me up with a pin to use within another 12 (if that). If you have the X-plan price already I apologize as I'm just trying to help
Thanks for the info -

I already have the X-Plan price on this specific truck thanks to a member here.
I don't mean to doubt you, but I think getting a PIN wouldn't be easy. I took a look at the forum you linked to, and saw no replies to posts that requested a PIN.

Anyway, since I contacted dealer #2 who called me about the Costco deal, I told him what I wanted - even the specific truck I was looking at with the VIN - haven't heard back from him in 2 days now - guess it's time to move on again.

Back to the search for a dealer who will work with me on Monday.

Just as a side note - I was at my dealer on Friday to drop my truck off for a warranty repair. While I was there, I asked my salesman for the key to take another look at the FX4. After about 20 minutes, I went back in to hand him the key, and he gave me a smirk, and said "what now?"

Just handed him the key and kept walking......

Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 PM
stormtech, your ordeal is something for the books. best of luck as your pursuit of a new truck continues.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by stormtech
Thanks for the info -

I don't mean to doubt you, but I think getting a PIN wouldn't be easy. I took a look at the forum you linked to, and saw no replies to posts that requested a PIN.

Anyway, since I contacted dealer #2 who called me about the Costco deal, I told him what I wanted - even the specific truck I was looking at with the VIN - haven't heard back from him in 2 days now - guess it's time to move on again.

Back to the search for a dealer who will work with me on Monday.

Just as a side note - I was at my dealer on Friday to drop my truck off for a warranty repair. While I was there, I asked my salesman for the key to take another look at the FX4. After about 20 minutes, I went back in to hand him the key, and he gave me a smirk, and said "what now?"

Just handed him the key and kept walking......
You can get a X-Plan PIN by just asking for it. Go to the Blue Oval web site and post there. Ia sked and had one within 2-3 days. Many people have them and would rather give the PIN's away - plus you're buying American.

On a side note, if you buy a couple shares of Ford stock, your are entitled to X-Plan PIN's. If I remember, you get two PIN's per year.

PM me if need need additional help.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by ibcop
You can get a X-Plan PIN by just asking for it. Go to the Blue Oval web site and post there. Ia sked and had one within 2-3 days. Many people have them and would rather give the PIN's away - plus you're buying American.

On a side note, if you buy a couple shares of Ford stock, your are entitled to X-Plan PIN's. If I remember, you get two PIN's per year.

PM me if need need additional help.
Did just as you said last night - now anxiously awaiting for a response......

In the last couple days, I've done a pretty extensive search of dealer inventory for a white FX4, and there don't seem to be any beside the 2 that are at my dealer.

The last time I bought a new truck (my '08 XLT), I compromised when I bought it by not getting a crew cab. I keep telling myself over and over to not do that again. But I found myself looking for a white loaded XLT this morning.......

Somehow, some way, I have to keep trying to get this truck at a decent price. It has become more principal than anything now I think.

Found my ultimate truck
It is at my local dealer
I have the money for it sitting on my desk
Dealer wants $40K (sticker $43K less $3K Ford cash back)
I offered $36 (willing to go $37)

I've never been through something like this with buying a new vehicle in my life.....

Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't settle for less. Otherwise, regrets will always be with you. If you found that perfect truck, call around other dealers near and far, giving them the list of options you need and let them work on it. Try the bigger cities, travelling up to 300 miles isn't so bad, especially given the treatment your current dealer is showing you. Chances are they'll locate the truck for you, be reasonable with the sale price and give you a decent amount for your trade-in.

Your truck buying story amazes me. Keep at it and all the best.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
Thanks for the info -

No problem

It takes a little bit of time. Realize that people are only given a certain number of pins a year. 2-4 if I remember right depending on who you are. They don't want to just give them out 5 months into the year and be stuck without any.

Additionally all you have to do is buy a share of ford stock and viola! You are part of the ford family and you'll get 2 pins (again, going off memory). It took me a few days the first time to get a pin - all I did was go back and quickly ask nicely if anyone could help out, tell them what I was looking for, and that I'd provide any more necessary info. as needed. A guy responded back and ended up helping me quite a bit. Even remember his name : Don (won't post the last name) from Texas. We even chatted a bit about Fords and whatnot

...guess it's time to move on again.

Don't give up. Move on to a different salesperson, contact multiple dealerships, etc. YOU have the upper hand right now. Make THEM work for YOU. Contact half a dozen dealerships + if needed.
Good luck on getting a new truck. I can tell that it's probably getting frustrating but don't give up. Keep searching and waiting until you get the best price you think you can. You aren't losing anything by walking out of the dealership and waiting a few more days/weeks.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
I wouldn't settle for less. Otherwise, regrets will always be with you. If you found that perfect truck, call around other dealers near and far, giving them the list of options you need and let them work on it. Try the bigger cities, travelling up to 300 miles isn't so bad, especially given the treatment your current dealer is showing you. Chances are they'll locate the truck for you, be reasonable with the sale price and give you a decent amount for your trade-in.

Your truck buying story amazes me. Keep at it and all the best.
X2! I drove 2 hours to pick up my truck and, in the end, am 100x more happy I didn't settle on one locally. Make sure you end up with what you want, at the price you want to be at.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by malexander52
This post was kind of pointless, but congrats to you guys that are swinging those notes. The truck is a damn fine ride if I ever saw one!
Some people dont carry notes.....so the hard fight for the initial purchase is to decide if you use your own money at the table or the or OPM.

I like your quote "modest six figure income". I am willing to bet not may people have six figure incomes, and I am including two income families. So that makes the deal even more critical.

I do love the F150 and mine has a better ride than any of my other cars hands down.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM
interesting thread....

you mention trading in a '08....mmmmm....have you done some research as to what you can really expect as a value on this vehicle?

what I'm getting at is this: the deal you have described is just a bunch of numbers which result in a final price....many times dealers will jack up the trade in value, which must be 'compensated' by a higher price on the new vehicle...

of course, it is a good bet that your dealer is jacking with you...have you tried finding the email address of somebody high in the food chain there?...find it...contact the person...and see what happens...

trick: first find any email for someone at the dealership....most likely it will be their name followed by the domain name of the dealership's email server...for example, something like DillholeSalesman@LocalFordDealership....so now you have a domain name...then do some research and find out the name of the general manager of the place...place that name in front of the domain name and shoot off an email....it might be JohnDoe@ or JDoe@....

Last edited by Peerless; 05-03-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: trick
Old 05-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the recent replies with the positive thinking -

wrobo13 - yes, I have decided not to compromise - if I can't get the exact truck I want for the price I want, which I have found to be fair, I will just walk. It's not a huge deal to keep my '08.

Peerless - I've done the research on my '08 as a trade. Around here I have learned from buying and trading before, that most dealers will use KBB pricing fairly closely. They have given me the KBB excellent condition trade price for my '08 which I have no problem with if they were giving me a better discount on the new truck. As far as dollars go - I owe just about exactly what they are giving me on trade, so as far as this deal goes, that becomes a wash.

And, I am prepared to go to the owner of the dealership. In fact my '08 is in their shop right now for a warranty repair (engine ticking noise just like a lifter tap). I need my truck desperately right now to pull my landscape trailer - if they don't have my truck done by Monday afternoon, that is when I am going to start working up the ladder.

I really appreciate everyone following along with me on this journey. Without the support here, I probably would have just given up already.

Thanks to all.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 PM
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

I now have an X-PLAN PIN

Thank you ibcop for the push to do this!!!!!

Man am I stoked - I can't wait to get to the dealer with my PIN and to see the look on my salesman's face.......

No, I am not going to gloat or anything like that. Just plain and simple - I have the truck sheet printed out from the Ford site with the X-PLAN price - just going to hand that to him with my PIN, and tell him to let me know when it is ready.

My wife thinks I am totally nuts - she said that maybe I will be able to sleep better tonight.

This had become an obsession for me. I've had to ask my wife a couple times if I am thinking straight, and now that I have the price should I really buy this truck.

She said "after all that for the last two weeks, you better get it - and besides, I want to see that guys face also!"

Thanks again all - I just hope it goes as it should now and they aren't going to try to pull anymore tricks.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
gpo
Great!!! Now go and pick up that truck!

Quick Reply: Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....