2009 - 2014 F-150

Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great! How much of a discount is the x-plan for that white FX4 you want?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
Great! How much of a discount is the x-plan for that white FX4 you want?
The X-PLAN gives me ~10% off sticker
Then with the $3K cash back, comes to 17% off sticker.

Huh - funny - I originally offered 17% off sticker..........

Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

I now have an X-PLAN PIN

Thank you ibcop for the push to do this!!!!!

Man am I stoked - I can't wait to get to the dealer with my PIN and to see the look on my salesman's face.......

No, I am not going to gloat or anything like that. Just plain and simple - I have the truck sheet printed out from the Ford site with the X-PLAN price - just going to hand that to him with my PIN, and tell him to let me know when it is ready.

My wife thinks I am totally nuts - she said that maybe I will be able to sleep better tonight.

This had become an obsession for me. I've had to ask my wife a couple times if I am thinking straight, and now that I have the price should I really buy this truck.

She said "after all that for the last two weeks, you better get it - and besides, I want to see that guys face also!"

Thanks again all - I just hope it goes as it should now and they aren't going to try to pull anymore tricks.
Awesome news! Make sure you have the person's name that provided the PIN to you. That's all you'll need! Remember, with the X-Plan, the dealer can't gouge you on any extra charges - all they can add is a maximum of $75.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Post pics of the new beast when you can.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
wow, after reading this thread last night, i decided to go ahead and shoot an internet quote request to a local dealer that has the truck i want, a sterling gray XLT S/C 4x4, with all the goodies i want. 38,085 sticker, got a price of $100 over invoice, plus the 3K in rebates and military discount. gonna go in tommorow, maybe i'll walk out with a new tow rig!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
NO SALE!

Yes, once again, no sale.

Went down this morning armed with my X-PLAN PIN. Sat down with the salesman, handed him my PIN, and asked what he could do for me now.

After a little grumbling, he said "well, this might save you a couple hundred bucks". I didn't say anything as he walked over to his managers office.

While in there for 5 minutes or so, overheard them talking about their fishing boats. Then, here he comes.

Gave me the X-PLAN price, but reduced my trade by $3650. Mumbled around saying something about saving their profit, etc.

I said that if he gave me the X-PLAN price, and my original trade price, I will write the check out right now.

He looked straight at me and said "the answer is no".
Up I went and out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I got home, the other dealer (190 miles away) finally called me back from last Thursday. Said he talked to the sales manager at my dealership, and they are willing to do a dealer trade for that truck.

Gave me a price of $35K, and the original $20 for my trade - just has to see my trade to verify of course.
That's $5K difference, and he has to go fetch the truck 190 miles.

But, my truck is still held hostage at the shop - found out it was a cam follower, and should have it back by Wednesday.
I will be making the trip Thursday or Friday so he can see my truck, and if all is well, and the FX4 is still there, I'll make the deal.
And this deal was made without the X-PLAN.

So the saga continues - at this rate I might as well wait another 30 days and order a 2010!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Just goes to show you what your original dealer is all about. I understand the dealer has to make money, but damn....everyone has to eat. If I were you, I would never deal with that particular dealer again. So what if you drive 190 miles - you'll be happier with the truck and the deal. My dealer traded for mine over 300 miles away.

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
damn, there's one dealer like that in my area. i've delt with a couple others who are so much better right off the bat. i agree, keep looking, and since you've got your heart set on a white FX4, don't settle till you get it. the same dealer i am talking to has one, as do several others, and they are giving those deals, so keep looking.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
gads....I almost posted that exact scenario, but didn't want to jinx you....

yep, that dealership is a bunch of pr!cks...and I bet they go under with an attitude like that....sounds like they think the vehicles are irreplaceable or something, what ****tards....

and don't be surprised if said dealership refuses to trade the vehicle to the one 190 miles away...if that happens contact Ford directly and make a complaint..

Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
NO SALE!

Yes, once again, no sale.

Went down this morning armed with my X-PLAN PIN. Sat down with the salesman, handed him my PIN, and asked what he could do for me now.

After a little grumbling, he said "well, this might save you a couple hundred bucks". I didn't say anything as he walked over to his managers office.

While in there for 5 minutes or so, overheard them talking about their fishing boats. Then, here he comes.

Gave me the X-PLAN price, but reduced my trade by $3650. Mumbled around saying something about saving their profit, etc.

I said that if he gave me the X-PLAN price, and my original trade price, I will write the check out right now.

He looked straight at me and said "the answer is no".
Up I went and out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I got home, the other dealer (190 miles away) finally called me back from last Thursday. Said he talked to the sales manager at my dealership, and they are willing to do a dealer trade for that truck.

Gave me a price of $35K, and the original $20 for my trade - just has to see my trade to verify of course.
That's $5K difference, and he has to go fetch the truck 190 miles.

But, my truck is still held hostage at the shop - found out it was a cam follower, and should have it back by Wednesday.
I will be making the trip Thursday or Friday so he can see my truck, and if all is well, and the FX4 is still there, I'll make the deal.
And this deal was made without the X-PLAN.

So the saga continues - at this rate I might as well wait another 30 days and order a 2010!
This is about the date i ordered my 2009 last year. It took over 6 months to get my truck. They will prob release them around the same time this year so if you dont mind waiting 5-6 months for a 2010 then go for it. You may find that incentives aint as good though. I had problems with a dealer not releaseing a truck that was promised to my dealer and i paid for it and done all the paper work and they wouldnt let my dealer take it. They called someone high up in ford and they said there's nothing you can do about it. The dealer does not have to release the truck even if the other dealer was promised it and you paid for it.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, I might be taking a chance then making that trip I guess.

Salesman from this new dealership said he has talked to the sales manager, and has agreed to let it go on a dealer trade.

But, I guess it all depends on if the truck is still there by the time I get to dealer #2 by Thurs or Fri.

Gee - now you've got me paranoid that my original dealer is going to play a game by letting me go down there to make a deal and then not release the truck......

But I would highly doubt they know it is me......

Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
hmm, wonder if they still wouldn't deal because they know they have the dealer trade in the works (not knowing its you), and they think they might make more money that way or something?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
hmm, wonder if they still wouldn't deal because they know they have the dealer trade in the works (not knowing its you), and they think they might make more money that way or something?
You know - that could be possible I guess -

I do know that this truck has been on their lot since at least last November - I've been looking at it every time I drive by the lot.

There has to be some reason that they won't budge off sticker price.......

Also another note - my dealer #2 did call it a trade, but while talking about the details for deposit etc, he did say that he will actually have to pay the other dealer for it.?.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Whichever way you slice this ordeal, that Ford dealer closest to you is horrible.

For what it's worth, I bought my truck from a dealer 60 miles away and had a firm sales price including trade-in value for the '07 before I left home. The dealer kept his word on the trade-in value after I changed my mind to buy a KR instead of the Platinum. I hope this dealer 190 miles away treats you well.

So the dealer 190 miles away has to drive their new truck (trade) over to pick up your new FX4? And you have to drive 190 miles to the new dealer to drop off your trade-in and drive home in the new truck? It should be easy for you to arrange with the dealer 190 miles away to have the paperwork prepared in advance, send it via courier, sign it, then have their driver bring the paperwork with him as he drives the dealer trade to that horrible local dealer, arrange for you to inspect the FX4 for delivery at the local horrible dealership, sign off any other paper work remaining, give him the keys to your '08 and you drive off in the '09. That would be sweet to see the local dealer's reaction.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
^LOL, that would be classic if he could pull off the swap at the local dealer right in front of them! You should try for that stormtech!

and that's weird, if they had the truck since November and they still won't budge on the price now.

Quick Reply: Test Drive - fell in love - No Sale....