2009 - 2014 F-150

Ford outsold Toyota last April

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford outsold Toyota last April

For people that think the Toyota Tundra is better truck than the F150.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/01/f...l-than-toyota/

Toyotas interiors are ugly. I've owned two Toyotas, 1992 Land Cruiser and a 1994 Supra Turbo. Both were great vehicles, but both really ugly cars.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Hopefully they can keep up the good work

Old 05-01-2009, 11:47 PM
What happened to that MKIV?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
thats the best qoute.

Toyota, which saw sales fall by an almost unbelievable 42%. Not a single Toyota nameplate posted sales gains in April of '09.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
thats the best qoute.
I'm not really surprised by that. They are over rated vehicles. Especially the trucks. They were riding on this quality branding that i have no idea how they gained and people believe it. Just like people Believe the Apple advertisements they see on tv. I don't have one neighbor with a Toyota or one family member who owns or has ever purchased a Toyota. Who was even buying them? But the Tundra Koolaid drinkers can carry on thinking their truck are Superior to the F150's as i know my truck will be on the road still running many years after the Tundra has been melted down and turned into pot metal .

Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
hahahahahhahahahhaha eat that toyotas

Old 05-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Great news for Ford. The article talks about the new Fusion and I actually had one of those as a rental a few weeks back. Very nice car IMHO and I'd certainly reccomend a test drive to anyone purchasing in that segment.

All of this stuff comes down to personal preference. Our family has owned newer products from Jeep, Ford, Honda, VW and now Toyota (my new Tacoma), so we're not exactly "brand loyal". When it comes to vehicles, we tend to try everything out and then purchase based on the product requirements that we're looking for and our feedback from research, test drives, etc.

My impression of Ford's current lineup is that it is MILES ahead of where it was a few years back and that is a very good thing. I think they are in way better shape than GM or Chrysler and that they have a great product mix. Hopefully they can keep it up!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Let's be realistic about this. Ford has dramatically improved their vehicles in just about every conceivable way. While that has played it's part in the increased sales, they are also benefiting from the drop in sales of GMC and Chrysler vehicles. There are people that want to purchase a domestic product but don't want to buy from a company that may not be around in 6 months.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
I'm not really surprised by that. They are over rated vehicles. Especially the trucks. They were riding on this quality branding that i have no idea how they gained and people believe it. Just like people Believe the Apple advertisements they see on tv. I don't have one neighbor with a Toyota or one family member who owns or has ever purchased a Toyota. Who was even buying them? But the Tundra Koolaid drinkers can carry on thinking their truck are Superior to the F150's as i know my truck will be on the road still running many years after the Tundra has been melted down and turned into pot metal .
Being a Ford owner i COMPLETELY agree with you on this issue. However dont go talking around about the Apple computers because until you open your eyes and actually use one you have no idea what you are missing. I have 3 computers i use regularly my macbook pro, custom built gaming/performance pc, and a laptop for work. Out of the three the mac is the fastest and easiest to use without a doubt. And dont bring up price because you will spend more on fixing a pc in 3-5 years than you will with the purchase of the mac and repairs for 10 years on it!
Trust the commercials. They are true. Ease of use from startup. No Viruses. IT ACTUALLY WORKS. And best of all it knows what you want it to do without telling it. Ex: Plug your camera in and it uploads your pics. Not bring up a window to tell you you can open the files to still have to upload and save on your HD.

Anyway rant is done.

Ford rules and toyota owners will forever say their trucks are better because they are ignorant. I mean they did buy one in the first place.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
Being a Ford owner i COMPLETELY agree with you on this issue. However dont go talking around about the Apple computers because until you open your eyes and actually use one you have no idea what you are missing.

Ford rules and toyota owners will forever say their trucks are better because they are ignorant. I mean they did buy one in the first place.
I don't know what category I'm in then. Had a 97 F-150 that I sold to my step father (great truck and still running strong), I have an 09 Tacoma Double Cab (LOVE it) and I'm writing this on my iMac . . . LOL

Old 05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
Being a Ford owner i COMPLETELY agree with you on this issue. However dont go talking around about the Apple computers because until you open your eyes and actually use one you have no idea what you are missing. I have 3 computers i use regularly my macbook pro, custom built gaming/performance pc, and a laptop for work. Out of the three the mac is the fastest and easiest to use without a doubt. And dont bring up price because you will spend more on fixing a pc in 3-5 years than you will with the purchase of the mac and repairs for 10 years on it!
Trust the commercials. They are true. Ease of use from startup. No Viruses. IT ACTUALLY WORKS. And best of all it knows what you want it to do without telling it. Ex: Plug your camera in and it uploads your pics. Not bring up a window to tell you you can open the files to still have to upload and save on your HD.

Anyway rant is done.

Right dont take this the wrong way but i see you have been sucked into the Apple Bullcrap. Just so i can make this clear i have been building pc's for over 15 years. I used to build high end overclocked water cooled gaming rigs for a local company i lived near in the UK so you could say i know a little about PC's. First of all a mac is a PC everything from it's motherboard, Chipset and CPU is a PC. Apple couldnt keep up with the advancements that Intel and AMD had made and it was dropping behind fast on speed and power. Remember how they always used to boast about their G3,4, and 5 CPU's being so much better than Intel's. They now use Intel Chipsets! Also you can run OS-X on any PC and it will be faster and cheaper than a Mac. Go out and price any Bestbuy Laptop with whats inside the box. You will see that you will pay far more for a mac than a pc with the exact same components. Also any Apple PC can get viruses. Type in Apple anti-virus into google and see what come up. If Apple don't suffer from viruses then why Does Steve jobs him self recommend all Apple users install anti virus?? I could go on all day about how much of a rip off apple are and how they steal ideas from other company's and make them their own but I have other forums i do this on. Don't be sucked into the Apple Lie's. Also just so people are aware. Apple did not invent the touch screen. I don't know how many times i heard people say that.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Right dont take this the wrong way but i see you have been sucked into the Apple Bullcrap. Just so i can make this clear i have been building pc's for over 15 years. I used to build high end overclocked water cooled gaming rigs for a local company i lived near in the UK so you could say i know a little about PC's. First of all a mac is a PC everything from it's motherboard, Chipset and CPU is a PC. Apple couldnt keep up with the advancements that Intel and AMD had made and it was dropping behind fast on speed and power. Remember how they always used to boast about their G3,4, and 5 CPU's being so much better than Intel's. They now use Intel Chipsets! Also you can run OS-X on any PC and it will be faster and cheaper than a Mac. Go out and price any Bestbuy Laptop with whats inside the box. You will see that you will pay far more for a mac than a pc with the exact same components. Also any Apple PC can get viruses. Type in Apple anti-virus into google and see what come up. If Apple don't suffer from viruses then why Does Steve jobs him self recommend all Apple users install anti virus?? I could go on all day about how much of a rip off apple are and how they steal ideas from other company's and make them their own but I have other forums i do this on. Don't be sucked into the Apple Lie's. Also just so people are aware. Apple did not invent the touch screen. I don't know how many times i heard people say that.
From a seasoned software engineer, I can honestly say that Apple is light years ahead of Microsoft. Although Apple dropped it's G5 product it did it because Intel had improved its processor way past the G5 and due to the fact that it made easier for people to switch to a mac. This was going to happen eventually because Intel is solely in the processor business and Apple wouldn't be able to compete with the development Intel has done. From a software standpoint of view, Mac is easier to develop for, its vast amount of open source software is way ahead of similar Windows products and Mac is just easier to use. Everything from a drag and drop install, to automatic sync between Iphone and itunes, and even networking your computers is a snap. Although the latter isn't a huge deal for me, its useful for computer illiterate people that haven't a clue about networking. Every company takes ideas from each other and improves upon it. Although apple has done this very successful, windows has miserably failed at this. A great example of this is how similar Vista was designed to look like Mac but lossed performance like none other. Although Windows 7 has improved drastically over Vista, its still not comparable to what Mac is offering. The only advantage of owning a Windows based computer is the gaming, but even still PC gaming has gone down the drain in the last few years and Console systems are taking over. On another note, comparing Apple and Microsoft viruses isn't even in the same category. The amount of viruses directed to Windows computers vs Apple is exponentially higher and Steve Jobs saying you should get a anti virus for your mac is like McDonald's putting on their coffee cups that the contents of this cup are extremely hot. Its to cover themselves that there is a extremely small percentage that it will actually happen but its still possible.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by bbBradenbb
From a seasoned software engineer, I can honestly say that Apple is light years ahead of Microsoft. Although Apple dropped it's G5 product it did it because Intel had improved its processor way past the G5 and due to the fact that it made easier for people to switch to a mac. This was going to happen eventually because Intel is solely in the processor business and Apple wouldn't be able to compete with the development Intel has done. From a software standpoint of view, Mac is easier to develop for, its vast amount of open source software is way ahead of similar Windows products and Mac is just easier to use. Everything from a drag and drop install, to automatic sync between Iphone and itunes, and even networking your computers is a snap. Although the latter isn't a huge deal for me, its useful for computer illiterate people that haven't a clue about networking. Every company takes ideas from each other and improves upon it. Although apple has done this very successful, windows has miserably failed at this. A great example of this is how similar Vista was designed to look like Mac but lossed performance like none other. Although Windows 7 has improved drastically over Vista, its still not comparable to what Mac is offering. The only advantage of owning a Windows based computer is the gaming, but even still PC gaming has gone down the drain in the last few years and Console systems are taking over. On another note, comparing Apple and Microsoft viruses isn't even in the same category. The amount of viruses directed to Windows computers vs Apple is exponentially higher and Steve Jobs saying you should get a anti virus for your mac is like McDonald's putting on their coffee cups that the contents of this cup are extremely hot. Its to cover themselves that there is a extremely small percentage that it will actually happen but its still possible.
I have used mac's ever since the classic when i was at school and have never got along with them and they have never been as fast any pc i have owned. Even my 2 year old alienware sentia m3450 can beast most new mac's. Software catalog is def getting better but still no where near what it produced for windows. Gaming used to be a big thing for me but not so much these days. Being able to upgrade your own system without sending it to be done by Apple is also a great feature of a normal PC. But my whole point is people believe what they hear on TV too much. Like the Viruses and Apple don't get them debate. Any PC will get a virus if you don't have anti virus and the best way to stop both of them getting it is anti virus. The Mac suffers from them just like the PC does. Same goes for Apple appliances and hardware don't crash! But the thing is they do. They don't bsod but they freeze up which is exactly the same thing. Lets not even start about DRM and Apple. One day Apple will make a OS that can be used on any pc. Till then i will carry on using windows so i can use it on any system i like.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
I had a little something to do with that effort.

Really liking this new truck.

Quick Reply: Ford outsold Toyota last April