2009 - 2014 F-150

Question about speed control

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about speed control

Is it normal on the 2009s to depress the brake about an inch before the speed control disengages? On the other f150s I owned all I had to do was tap the brake pedal and the speed control disengaged. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 PM
That sounds about normal for the 09's. What gets me is the cruise won't resume to the previous set speed after you've hit the brake.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks.
After I hit the brake and then press resume I think it returns to the previous set speed.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by kskr
Thanks.
After I hit the brake and then press resume I think it returns to the previous set speed.
Mine doesn't do it. I have to manually enter the speed again. After I hit the brakes, I hit the resume button and get nothing. Granted, I haven't tried holding the button for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else notice this?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
gpo
Originally Posted by ibcop
Mine doesn't do it. I have to manually enter the speed again. After I hit the brakes, I hit the resume button and get nothing. Granted, I haven't tried holding the button for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else notice this?
I used it yesterday and it worked fine. I used the brake to slow down and take the turn, then pressed resume and it went back up to the original speed. It worked very well.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford vehicles have a pretty high threshold for the brake switch (which cancels the speed control and lights the rear brake lamps). Once stopped, I can almost release the brake pedal enough turn off the brake lamps, but keep the truck stopped. Almost.

ibcop, that is not normal. Have the dealer look at it at your next visit under warranty.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by APT
Ford vehicles have a pretty high threshold for the brake switch (which cancels the speed control and lights the rear brake lamps). Once stopped, I can almost release the brake pedal enough turn off the brake lamps, but keep the truck stopped. Almost.

ibcop, that is not normal. Have the dealer look at it at your next visit under warranty.
Thanks for the input. Gonna add this to the list.

Quick Reply: Question about speed control