2009 - 2014 F-150

Console Vault

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Console Vault

I have a lock box/ console vault that I pulled out of my 06' when I traded it in. In the last model the console screws were exposed and you could just remove them and slip the box in and replace the screws. The company doesn't make one for the 09 and the box fits inside the new console with about 2 in clearance on the sides. Does anybody have any ideas how to mount it? I was thinking about drilling a couple 1/4in holes in the console and trying to mount with some hex bolts but I am afraid I Might hit some wiring or line.

http://www.consolevault.us/ford-f150-console-vault.htm

I had my 06 broken into and I had sunglass, edge programmer, checks, etc inside and the thieves didn't get a thing thanks to it so it was worth the money. I wish they made one for the 09.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
I would have thought you could mod the 09 box to fit that into it. Does yours not having the locking box anyway?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Doesn't every trim level have the locking console? might be wrong but i kno for sure all ive test driven have from xlt-plat

Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 AM
It seems the OP likes a safe or strong box inside the console. I've never done it myself but it does seem like a good idea if you live/work in a high crime area.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
It seems the OP likes a safe or strong box inside the console. I've never done it myself but it does seem like a good idea if you live/work in a high crime area.
Agreed and the locking console lid that we have wouldn't be hard to defeat anyway, just stick a good sized screwdriver in the key slot and turn or pry the lid...since I don't carry anything of value in my console, I leave it unlocked, just in case someone should break in the truck they wouldn't damage my console to see there's nothing of value inside (pocket change but that's it).

Old 05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
Yeah the factory lock is joke. The Console Vault is made with 12 gauge cold rolled steel with a ball bearing lock. You could get it open in a few minutes with the right tools but most thevies aren't carring much more than a screw driver and want to be in and out ASAP. It is a small investment for the amount of trouble it can save you if your truck gets broken in to.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Looks like they are making a console vault for the 2009-2010 F150 now.

http://www.consolevault.com/

Sorry - the full link won't paste correctly.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
Doesn't every trim level have the locking console? might be wrong but i kno for sure all ive test driven have from xlt-plat
My 09 XLT has captain chairs so it has a large center console. It has NO lock on it that I see.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by smcrae
Looks like they are making a console vault for the 2009-2010 F150 now.

http://www.consolevault.com/

Sorry - the full link won't paste correctly.
Was waiting to buy one of these, but honestly that thing looks like junk for 300 bucks. I was hoping for a fully sealed safe that slid in and had some screws that went in from the inside down into the bottom of the existing console. But this thing looks like a cheap frame just to support the lid, doesnt look like it adds much protection.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by rjacobs
Was waiting to buy one of these, but honestly that thing looks like junk for 300 bucks. I was hoping for a fully sealed safe that slid in and had some screws that went in from the inside down into the bottom of the existing console. But this thing looks like a cheap frame just to support the lid, doesnt look like it adds much protection.

I just took the one from my 06' drilled a couple hole in the bottom of it and through the console and floor board and bolted the old one in. The consoles on the new truck are larger and have a lip so I guess console vault was trying to maximize the space insted of making a enclosed box that would have to be smaller. $300 is kind of high but I bet you can get one for less if you shop around a little.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by zsommer79
I just took the one from my 06' drilled a couple hole in the bottom of it and through the console and floor board and bolted the old one in. The consoles on the new truck are larger and have a lip so I guess console vault was trying to maximize the space insted of making a enclosed box that would have to be smaller. $300 is kind of high but I bet you can get one for less if you shop around a little.
So the box from the 04-08 is a fully enclosed safe and not this piece of crap? I will look into it. I dont mind doing some drilling or even pulling the center console to get it to fit securely. I just done want something that is basically a locked lid under a locked lid.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by rjacobs
So the box from the 04-08 is a fully enclosed safe and not this piece of crap? I will look into it. I dont mind doing some drilling or even pulling the center console to get it to fit securely. I just done want something that is basically a locked lid under a locked lid.
Yes the one for the 04 -08 models is fully enclosed and will fit in the 09 console. You will have about an 3/4 inch or so around the outside of the vault that you can fill with foam or leave as open space. The old console vault isn't as tall so you will be able to leave the upper tray that comes from Ford in the console and still close the lid no problem. I just drilled straight thru the bottom of the console and thru the floor pan and mounted with 3/8 bolts, so to get the thing out they would need a couple gorillas. Also there is a gap between the bottom of the console and the undereside of the truck so you will need a long drill bit if you are going drill all the way thru like I did. I think it took me about 30 mintues to do the install and it gets you a fully enclosed box.

Also you might want to drill the holes in the console vault with a drill press if you have one, cold rolled steel is very hard and no fun to mess with if all you have is a hand drill.

Quick Reply: Console Vault