2009 - 2014 F-150

when is aftermarket going to cater to the 09's

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when is aftermarket going to cater to the 09's

i mean seriously ...i want a tuner , cai, and there is NOTHING to choose from...anybody have any insight on when companies are gonna move their behinds

Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I think the economy aint helping matters and a lot of these companys are trying to list a lot of 08 spec stuff as working on 09's but they dont seem to understand they are different!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by 09fx4
i mean seriously ...i want a tuner , cai, and there is NOTHING to choose from...anybody have any insight on when companies are gonna move their behinds
I agree that there aren't many options but Hypertech has a tuner for the 09's. It's the same as earlier trucks with a new download for the 09's. It does work and seems to help with my 35's on the truck. Right now I believe it is likely the best on the market...since it is the only one.

I also agree with Barrita, I tried 5 different sets of wheels from as many manufacturers before I found some which were in stock. It also took 4 weeks to get my tires.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Talk to Bill at PHP, I'm pretty sure he's started tuning their Gryphon's for 09's.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by DeereGeff
I agree that there aren't many options but Hypertech has a tuner for the 09's. It's the same as earlier trucks with a new download for the 09's. It does work and seems to help with my 35's on the truck. Right now I believe it is likely the best on the market...since it is the only one.

I also agree with Barrita, I tried 5 different sets of wheels from as many manufacturers before I found some which were in stock. It also took 4 weeks to get my tires.
thats my point i dont want to settle for a tuner now bc its the ONLY one out, i want to pick from the BEST one out as im sure most of you guys would like to...i came from muistangs so i guess im used to having whatever brand i wanted for any type of mod....im not gonna get the hypertech.....i am holding out for the xcal 3 bc i had great success with my old xcal 2 on my 05 mustang

Old 06-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Same here...I'm waiting on several items:

1) Lower grill gap accent piece (want to be able to choose between several)
2) Electronics, window auto up/down module - like you can get for the Mustang to change your switches into auto up/down...pain having to hold the switch until the window opens or closes especially in the Supercrew.
3) DRL module that you can add to turn your parking lights into DRL's...same way the Corvette parking light DRL's work.
4) Side mirror turnsignal conversion kit - or clear/smoked reflector in place of those silly looking orange reflectors.
5) Interior lighting/ambience kits - matching factory lighting in a tasteful way
6) Dual screw SC for that 750hp power rush........OK I'm getting silly now

Old 06-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Same here...I'm waiting on several items:

1) Lower grill gap accent piece (want to be able to choose between several)
2) Electronics, window auto up/down module - like you can get for the Mustang to change your switches into auto up/down...pain having to hold the switch until the window opens or closes especially in the Supercrew.
3) DRL module that you can add to turn your parking lights into DRL's...same way the Corvette parking light DRL's work.
4) Side mirror turnsignal conversion kit - or clear/smoked reflector in place of those silly looking orange reflectors.
5) Interior lighting/ambience kits - matching factory lighting in a tasteful way
6) Dual screw SC for that 750hp power rush........OK I'm getting silly now
Hotlap did you say you had a viper alarm? I cant remember but they made all my windows one touch auto up and down when they installed it so it can be done somehow.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I am waiting on Rancho quickLIFT or the Skyjacker adjustable front struts.

Have my Dualliner installed. SoftRide Hitch came in the other day.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
think about it after 09 there will be no 5.4 there changing there stuff up agin for that econoboost stuff and what not, why would they make a bunch of stuff for one year? dont know how rite iam but just a thought

Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
the 5.4 is about for the next model year so they are gonna lose out on a massive amount of the market if they dont cater for the 2 years the 5.4 is around.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
There are many parts out now. Bully Dog and Hypertech make tuners. I spoke to PHP and they are working on a Tuner for the 09’s. I am sure we will see something within the next month or two. There are several CAI’s out now. I have one installed in my truck. So far you have only said you are looking for a CAI and a Tuner, what else are you looking for? I have found a lot of aftermarket products. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by The Boz
There are many parts out now. Bully Dog and Hypertech make tuners. I spoke to PHP and they are working on a Tuner for the 09’s. I am sure we will see something within the next month or two. There are several CAI’s out now. I have one installed in my truck. So far you have only said you are looking for a CAI and a Tuner, what else are you looking for? I have found a lot of aftermarket products. It just depends on what you are looking for.
The bully dog website doesnt pull up the 09?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:23 AM
I must be crazy, I like my truck just the way it came. All I did was add step bars.

Why on earth would Ford do away with the 5.4? I realize that there is very little power difference between the new 3v 4.6 and 5.4 now, only about 15 hp, but it's nice to have a choice.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now this is something that I would like to have!

I was in a bad accident with my '08 (proven not my fault) - I feel if I had DRL's, the old man might have seen me.

But I don't like the regular headlight DRL's - the option of the bright parking light DRL would look awesome I think.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i would love to supercharge my truck as well...

Quick Reply: when is aftermarket going to cater to the 09's