2009 - 2014 F-150

Chrome bug deflector/guard

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome bug deflector/guard

Please post a pic of your installed chrome bug deflector. I'm thinking of getting one but would like to see what it looks like on the truck before I do so.

Also, do these bug deflectors really push the bugs away from the windshield or is it just a decoration for the hood?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
Please post a pic of your installed chrome bug deflector. I'm thinking of getting one but would like to see what it looks like on the truck before I do so.
Here are some examples:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...mages&aq=f&oq=

Also, do these bug deflectors really push the bugs away from the windshield or is it just a decoration for the hood?
Yes

Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks, but I'm trying to see what a chrome bug deflector looks like on the '09 F150.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Bug Deflector 2009 F-150 Larait (white)

I just put a deflector on my 2009 Lariat It was the Ford OEM Chrome apparently this product was released on 7-15-09 it was re-engineered. Looking at some old posts, they did a great job! easy install 4 nuts off, new brackets, 3m guard tape, nuts back on deflector on. Yes it does help with bugs, in my case rocks are more important. It only goes to the edge of chrome grill. I would be happy to email a pic if you still need it. ( Haven't figured out how to post one yet)

Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by xnykr35
I just put a deflector on my 2009 Lariat It was the Ford OEM Chrome apparently this product was released on 7-15-09 it was re-engineered. Looking at some old posts, they did a great job! easy install 4 nuts off, new brackets, 3m guard tape, nuts back on deflector on. Yes it does help with bugs, in my case rocks are more important. It only goes to the edge of chrome grill. I would be happy to email a pic if you still need it. ( Haven't figured out how to post one yet)
If you can post a part# If I order one, I want to make sure I am getting the newer version.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:59 PM
That would be great! Send pics to privacy4me@bellsouth.net What was re-engineered on the bug deflector?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 AM
So far as I can tell via other posts, the prior deflector was a nightmare install the grill needed to come off this one bolts onto the 4 10mm top bolts with 4 brackets that go through the grill (no removal) so it seems the whole part was scrapped and redone. Mind You I never had the old one only heard the stories. This part is a simple install.
Part #9L3Z 16C90 D

Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 AM
I did set up a file for easy sharing and email if peaks anyones intrest I can email it.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I did set up a file for easy sharing and email if peaks anyones intrest I can email it.
That would be great! Send pics/file/link to privacy4me@bellsouth.net

Quick Reply: Chrome bug deflector/guard