2009 - 2014 F-150

Located new truck without bed extender or cargo management. But moonroof.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Located new truck without bed extender or cargo management. But moonroof.

Well I located a 09 6.5 bed like I want but no bed extender or cargo management system. Unfortunately also it has a moonroof. Which I thought in the past I would really like until my 01 started leaking.

Does anyone else have a moonroof problem or have they fixed any issues since then?

As far as the bed extender goes I think it is very interesting that I don't see any trucks on the lots with bed extenders. Then I think hmmm maybe it is purposeful to get us to pay more than what the factory charges. Like possibly they come in but they take them off when the trucks get in. Surely they are producing trucks out of the factory with them. How much are people paying for these if not factory on truck?

Is it possible to get and put on cargo management system after factory? My dealer is saying not possible but the members here usually are knowledgeable and straight forward. I would like to put one in. I would imagine that there has to be some kind of reinforcement on the inside of the bed panel for support.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can get both the bed extender and the cargo management system from Ford Accessories. Just going to pay more than when from the factory.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 AM
You do have to be careful when its not a custom order. There was 2 trucks the first time i went down to our local dealer with the Bed extenders and when i went back them 2 trucks no longer had them. I'm not 100% sure if they were the same exact trucks but i would be very surprised if they moved them around or sold them as the platinum i looked at was still in the same place it was the time before. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some dealers removed stuff to sell to customer at over inflated prices.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Just look at the window sticker carefully - if the item is listed on the sticker but not on the truck, then you'll know.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Just buy an aftermarket bed extender. I got mine from Bestop AMP Research. It works great. There is also a special mounting bracket for Ford trucks that makes for a "no drill" installation.

Quick Reply: Located new truck without bed extender or cargo management. But moonroof.