Question for Tasca Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read post 1 & 2.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spydie35
Do you know where i can find this exact Bed Extender? Or do you have a manufacture's name? I couldnt find it.
It is from Ford. You can order from Tasca parts with the part number listed.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Anyone know if this extender will work with a Bedrug and Bakflip?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
It should as long as the Bakflip is opened up. The only connection point is on each side, about halfway up.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
It should as long as the Bakflip is opened up. The only connection point is on each side, about halfway up.
I typically drive with the Bakflip closed. Will I have to remove the extender for this?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
No, take a look at the pictures in the thread. It sits well be low the level of the bed. Only time you would have to open it would be to swing the extender out over the tailgate.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi all, take a look at the BakFlip ford video on youtube at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEySZ0bLgAI

You'll see how the BakFlip works perfectly with the Ford bed extender. The bed extender bit in the video starts at just passed the 5 minute mark - just in case you don't want to watch the whole vid.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 AM
bakflip design issues

Originally Posted by jmaimin
Hi all, take a look at the BakFlip ford video on youtube at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEySZ0bLgAI

You'll see how the BakFlip works perfectly with the Ford bed extender. The bed extender bit in the video starts at just passed the 5 minute mark - just in case you don't want to watch the whole vid.
I have a bakflip cover & the factory bed extender. The video shows the previous bakflip design. The new "improved" design is different than what is shown in the video. The new design has two drain hoses at the front & two at the back. The ones in the back have to be removed every time the bed extender is deployed because they interfere when rotating the extender. The rear hoses simply drain water into the bed since there is no way to run them outside unless you want to drill holes through the metal portion of the bed. A cover that drains water into the bed makes no sense & defeats the purpose of a cover. Removing the hoses every time you want to use the bed extender is just a pain.

The video also shows the previous tailgate seal design. The new design uses a much smaller rubber part that allows water to pour between the cover & tailgate.

I have made numerous attempts to resolve these issues with bakflip but apparently there is no solution. So plan on removing the hoses every time you want to use the bed extender & don't put any cargo under the cover that you don't want soaked.

Quick Reply: Question for Tasca Parts