2009 - 2014 F-150

Question for Tasca Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question for Tasca Parts

I will ask this question here rather than e-mail as I know others are interested.
Is the black bed extender (stowable one), part number 9L3Z-99286A40-C, available yet? When I checked with my local dealer, they stated that no one had them yet. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
I will ask this question here rather than e-mail as I know others are interested.
Is the black bed extender (stowable one), part number 9L3Z-99286A40-C, available yet? When I checked with my local dealer, they stated that no one had them yet. Thanks.

Checked this morning, Looks like we can order them. Ford's accessories are shipped direct from the vendors, they don't stock them in their facilities. They take us about 7 - 10 business days to get. If they were unavailable or on backorrder they would list that and they do not. Looks like it would run you around $281.05 plus shipping.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
Checked this morning, Looks like we can order them. Ford's accessories are shipped direct from the vendors, they don't stock them in their facilities. They take us about 7 - 10 business days to get. If they were unavailable or on backorrder they would list that and they do not. Looks like it would run you around $281.05 plus shipping.
Thanks for the response. Will probably be ordering soon.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
Does the kit include all the needed hardware?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Here is the site for the installation instructions. The instructions make no mention of anything other than tools to install.

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do

Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Just an update. Ordered the bed extender from Tasca, total cost with shipping was $303.05. Took about 10 days to get (including weekends), and really did not expect it that soon. Original estimate for Tasca to get it was 7-10 days, then it would be shipped out to me. Thanks for the quick response from Tasca (In this case thanks Domenic).

And as far as I can tell, this is the exact same one you get from the factory.

Installation took all of 10 minutes. A reminder if anyone else gets this, the side with the yellow positioning lever goes to the drivers side, otherwise it will not work. And no, I figured that one out before putting it together. What you get is the 2 sides and 4 plugs that go into the upper and lower large holes at the side of the bed at the back. The bolt, a T50, goes into the smaller center hole. That hole does not look like it is threaded, but that is just due to the paint. Torque to 41 ftlbs.

Here are pictures.

Deployed outward

Deployed inward

Stowed, Drivers side

Stowed, Passenger side

Old 06-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Thats sweet! I wish we had something like that for 04-08

Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow thanks for the pics I was a little leery that it was not the right part at that price but now that I see it Ill be ordering one tomorrow, can't seem to find one up hear that's not a ridiculous price so thanks !

Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by ZCoL
Wow thanks for the pics I was a little leery that it was not the right part at that price but now that I see it Ill be ordering one tomorrow, can't seem to find one up hear that's not a ridiculous price so thanks !
If you order from Tasca, just do a search on the part number. It is now on their website. When I ordered, it had not been posted there yet, so I had to call. Domenic posted it on the site while I was on the phone.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by 06xlt4x4
Thats sweet! I wish we had something like that for 04-08
Yea my bed extender sucks. It always seems to be in the way so I have to take it out.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM
If you order from Tasca, just do a search on the part number. It is now on their website. When I ordered, it had not been posted there yet, so I had to call. Domenic posted it on the site while I was on the phone.
Ah well I called today and ordered it because I couldn't find it on the web site but I didn't see your post until just now so thanks for the info anyway. They are going to get back to me on the shipping cost but whatever it is it will be cheaper than the $1600 the parts department at the dealers up here are quoting me lol, thanks again!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by miamiheat55
Yea my bed extender sucks. It always seems to be in the way so I have to take it out.
You can put this one on an 04-08, I have an 07 and this works great with mine.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Just placed my order online. With no photo of the item on Tasca's website I hope I purchased the correct item. Thank you for the lead and especially the item number.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by frogracer
Just placed my order online. With no photo of the item on Tasca's website I hope I purchased the correct item. Thank you for the lead and especially the item number.
As long as you used the part number I posted, you should get the right one. That is what I used to order.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Just an update. Ordered the bed extender from Tasca, total cost with shipping was $303.05. Took about 10 days to get (including weekends), and really did not expect it that soon. Original estimate for Tasca to get it was 7-10 days, then it would be shipped out to me. Thanks for the quick response from Tasca (In this case thanks Domenic).

And as far as I can tell, this is the exact same one you get from the factory.

Installation took all of 10 minutes. A reminder if anyone else gets this, the side with the yellow positioning lever goes to the drivers side, otherwise it will not work. And no, I figured that one out before putting it together. What you get is the 2 sides and 4 plugs that go into the upper and lower large holes at the side of the bed at the back. The bolt, a T50, goes into the smaller center hole. That hole does not look like it is threaded, but that is just due to the paint. Torque to 41 ftlbs.

Here are pictures.

Deployed outward

Deployed inward

Stowed, Drivers side

Stowed, Passenger side

Do you know where i can find this exact Bed Extender? Or do you have a manufacture's name? I couldnt find it.

Quick Reply: Question for Tasca Parts