2009 - 2014 F-150

box alignment... WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the guys with the box off center. Does the back of the back sit parallel with the back of the cabin?

Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
To the guys with the box off center. Does the back of the back sit parallel with the back of the cabin?
Not on mine. I have a gap they tappers from about 1" to just under 3/4".

I have my truck in at the dealer for a bad tailgate hinge and new trany tsb shift program, so they are going to straighten it for me today too.

When my dealer looked at the box they said they have seen misaligned boxes but nothing as bad as mine. I was thinking maybe the spray liner guys moved it when they pulled the bed screws. I cant see ford being this far off. But who knows.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by v_tach
lol, drive somebody with OCD crazy, measure the height of the wheel-wells from the ground and compare them left to right. They're rarely ever the same whether its by design or some other reason.

OMG, my truck is 1/2" higher on one side!
Glad to hear this as I had noticed that both my '05 and '09 Screws (from the rear) were/are slightly higher on one side than the other...I always thought it was just variance in the suspension somewhere.....

Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Glad to hear this as I had noticed that both my '05 and '09 Screws (from the rear) were/are slightly higher on one side than the other...I always thought it was just variance in the suspension somewhere.....
I've had folks tell me its to compensate for the driver's weight, fuel in the tank, etc... However its not always the driver's side that is the highest.

Anyway, its not something I've ever worried about unless it was very noticeable. The closer the vehicle sits to the ground, it may be more noticeable to some.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
I was kidding about the load levelling thing. Not sure why one side is higher than the other.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I've heard that from many different people.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 PM
My box is off too! You can easily tell with just the width of your fingers inbetween the bed and the cab from both sides! To top it off my tailgate is not aligned. It doesn't shut flush and when folded down only 1 tie rod has tension and the other is flimsy. I will be bringing it in for them to take a look at this Monday.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by slimcubby
when folded down only 1 tie rod has tension and the other is flimsy.
Mine is like this too, looks like 1/2-5/8 of and inch of slack almost. I stopped by the dealer and before I went in I went to see if any of the trucks on the lot had the same problem....U BET every one (16 of them) and slack in the caable. I then turned around and never did go in!

I have jumped in and out of it many of times so far and it does not appear that it is causing any negative affects on the tail gate.

Quick Reply: box alignment... WTF?