2009 - 2014 F-150

Have you replaced Lariat Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you replaced Lariat Mirrors?

I had a little oops, and was wondering if anyone has pulled their lariat mirrors to try to add the power folding mirrors and would be interested in selling their others.

Particularly the passenger (right) side power adjust with color matched hood (any color mine is fine and I can change it) and blinker.

Either pm or respond to this post and we can see.

I am trying to find them online as well and having a hard time finding anywhere that sells them OEM. Checked with dealer and said they would have to order them.

Thanks

Philip

Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Tasca ford parts is about the cheapest OEM you will find on the internet. But I think they were still an expensive mirrors, even there.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 PM
What mirrors are you looking for? I have a set of tow mirrors off of my Platinum. The Skull caps are chrome. They are power adjustable and have turn signals, and the light on the bottom. I would be interest in selling them both, if this is what you are looking for.

Let me know. Or you can email me at billbucco64@verizon.net

Bill

Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Was not looking for tow mirrors, it is already wide enough!

I have ordered and I am picking up a replacement mirror from a dealer today to replace the one that I have.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by raccoon1981
I had a little oops, and was wondering if anyone has pulled their lariat mirrors to try to add the power folding mirrors and would be interested in selling their others.

Particularly the passenger (right) side power adjust with color matched hood (any color mine is fine and I can change it) and blinker.

Either pm or respond to this post and we can see.

I am trying to find them online as well and having a hard time finding anywhere that sells them OEM. Checked with dealer and said they would have to order them.

Thanks

Philip
Adding power fold is not an easy task. If the truck doesn't have the option there is nowhere to plug in the needed relay and you have to make a relay and wire it in place. It is not an easy job unless you are good with electronics.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
Adding power fold is not an easy task. If the truck doesn't have the option there is nowhere to plug in the needed relay and you have to make a relay and wire it in place. It is not an easy job unless you are good with electronics.
I am interested in doing this. Can you explain the process or the wiring in more detail.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I know that it takes a bit of wiring but I have seen that some people have done it on these forums. I might be willing to try it later but did not want to spend the money at this time for all the parts that I would need. Fortunatly I am decent enough with electronics to be able to handle the bit of work needed for this modification.

Quick Reply: Have you replaced Lariat Mirrors?