2009 - 2014 F-150

Pics of 09 with Weathertech Window Deflectors/Vent Visors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Pics of 09 with Weathertech Window Deflectors/Vent Visors?

Anyone install the Weathertech in-channel window deflectors/vent visors have pics that they could share. I am trying to decide between these and the traditional tape on ones (probably the ones from Ford, as they are the cheapest up here in Canada - $100 for a set of 4 for a Screw). Thanks.

Last edited by scottsherriffs; 07-06-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by scottsherriffs
Anyone install the Weathertech in-channel window deflectors/vent visors have pics that they could share. I am trying to decide between these and the traditional tape on ones (probably the ones from Ford, as they are the cheapest up here in Canada - $100 for a set of 4 for a Screw). Thanks.
I have those installed. Here is a picture.

Last edited by The Boz; 07-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
any problems with them scratching your tint or getting overly tight when the window rolls up all the way?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by zirrow
any problems with them scratching your tint or getting overly tight when the window rolls up all the way?
I read that some people have experienced them scratching their windows or their tint, I haven’t experience any problems so far.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, the Weathertechs look really good. I too have heard a lot of warning about the "in-channel" style visor scratching the glass/tint and I am still unsure if I will go with these or the Ford OE stick-on type. I can get the OE stick-ons for $110 CDN, where as the Weathertechs are $170 CDN. I think I'm leaning towards the stick-ons.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had both the stick-on and the in-channel - the in-channel I had were not Weathertech, but the AVS in-channel......so there might be some difference...

For looks, the in-channel wins hands down - that is why I put them on my '08.

I haven't put either on my '09 yet.

The in-channels, the window motor would grunt a bit when the glass hit the plastic, and you could hear the glass rubbing on the plastic. Once I got used to it, didn't seem so bad.

But....I see you live up north - do they use any sand or other anti-skid up there?
During the winter when the roads were bad, I could actually hear the grit from the anti-skid rubbing as the glass went past the plastic - didn't like that at all!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah I'm pretty far North (in Canada) and we get pretty wicked winters. They mainly use salt up here, and I don't open my windows that much in the winter but it is something I will consider. I don't mind the look of the stick-on style visors, and many of my friends have that style on their trucks/cars. I was worried about the 3M tape holding up in the winter, but they haven't had any problems. Also the $60 price difference comes into play.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah I'm pretty far North (in Canada) and we get pretty wicked winters. They mainly use salt up here, and I don't open my windows that much in the winter but it is something I will consider. I don't mind the look of the stick-on style visors, and many of my friends have that style on their trucks/cars. I was worried about the 3M tape holding up in the winter, but they haven't had any problems. Also the $60 price difference comes into play.
I had the stick on ones for my S10 and i didn't have one problem with them here in the Iowa winters.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never had problems with the stick-on ones in winter (gets to -15F around here at times) - you should try to install them in the summer though, following the instructions (alcohol prep pad etc). Once they are on there for a week or so in the summer heat, they'll stay.

Edit to add - the Weathertechs look great on your truck Boz - they do blend in nicely being they are so low profile.

Quick Reply: Pics of 09 with Weathertech Window Deflectors/Vent Visors?