2009 - 2014 F-150

wheel bolt pattern and lift questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel bolt pattern and lift questions.

Just curious if the 09 f150 had the same 6x135mm bolt pattern that the 08 had. Im trying to find wheels for my truck and all and no sites are listing stuff for the 09 that I can find anyway.

Second I was wondering if the wheels people are purchasing are 9 or 10 inches wide. Im curious how far they stick out of the wheel wells (maybe someone has pics looking down the side of the truck). I just dont want them sticking out to far cuz they will plaster the side with little stones and kill the paint. BUT i do want a beefy tough look still.

Lastly I was wondering where people are finding the best deals on lift kits. I plan on installing it myself (unless ill have warranty issues with that). I was thinking either BDS or pro comp since they seem similar.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Wheels: 6x135mm, same as 04-08

Width:I have 9" wide. They do not stick out much. Check my profile. Backspacing is more crucial than width, as far as sticking out goes. Backspacing from 5.7-6.3 will provide a stock look. 4.5-5 will be wide, meant for trucks with 6" lifts.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by BRY14661
Just curious if the 09 f150 had the same 6x135mm bolt pattern that the 08 had. Im trying to find wheels for my truck and all and no sites are listing stuff for the 09 that I can find anyway.

Second I was wondering if the wheels people are purchasing are 9 or 10 inches wide. Im curious how far they stick out of the wheel wells (maybe someone has pics looking down the side of the truck). I just dont want them sticking out to far cuz they will plaster the side with little stones and kill the paint. BUT i do want a beefy tough look still.

Lastly I was wondering where people are finding the best deals on lift kits. I plan on installing it myself (unless ill have warranty issues with that). I was thinking either BDS or pro comp since they seem similar.
I went with a 9" wide wheel with a +12 offset which set them out 1.5" farther than stock. I needed to move them out as the Toyo's have a aggressive sidewall and I needed the extra clearance on the inside. Here are a couple shots down the side of my truck with the stock flares on it. Name:  P5190028.jpg
Views: 2008
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  P5190025.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  94.8 KB

As for lifts I went with the BDS kit locally, but I wouldn't be afraid to buy from this seller on eBay as they have a very good reputation. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BDS-H...Q5fAccessories You can find their regular website @ http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/...side_index.htm

Marty is well known, is very knowledgeable, and was willing to answer my questions.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:32 AM
awesome thanks for the info. yeah as for back spacing. i was looking at wheels on XD series site and they HPO or REV for backspacing, im not sure what either are abreviating and which to go with.

DeereGeff- you having any issues with little stones and crap being slung down the side of ur truck?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Mine stick out a little more than I would like... they only made the style of rims that I wanted in 10" wide. All in all I'm OK with the look. I can always get flares.

Quick Reply: wheel bolt pattern and lift questions.