2009 - 2014 F-150

09 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
09 questions

alright guys i couldnt find answers to my questions so i figured id go ahead an ask

first off the 09s look awesome guys, almost makes me want a supercrew instead of a raptor. awesome job on em.

ok, is the new 5.4 good or is it gunna be worth the wait for a 6.2?
i mean would it be worth savin the money an puttin it into performance mods?
an about the factory navi.
is it any good?
will it play dvds?
(jus askin cause my sister in laws tahoe w/ factory navi will an i thought it was awesome for a factory headunit to do that)

thanks for any help guys

any kind of info will help

Old 07-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments to all 09 owners.

Don't know about 6.2L. But more displacement equals more horsepower, faster accereleration, etc. It would put Ford in line with GM and Dodge truck on engines horsepower. The flip side would be the mpg.

The 5.4L is still the same engine since 05. It just now has the six speed to help it out some.

I don't know about the Navigation since my truck did not come with it, but the Sync is nice.

If you want the 6.2, I would say wait. If you need a truck now, then I would say buy and then trade it in a few years for a 6.2. Just my two cents.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by sean_somer
is it any good?
will it play dvds?

Compared to my '06 5.4 Screw the new engines feels like it has more power. The new 6 speed tranny is awesome. I took a trip into the Texas Hill Country last weekend and it handled the inclines great. Very little downshifting to maintain speed and when it did it wasnt that noticeable. I found myself watching the tach just to verify that it was actually downshifting.

I have the sony nav and it works fine. Maybe not as good as a loaded Garmin unit, but good. I like not having to deal with windsheild mounts, power cords, etc. And yes they play DVDs.

Good Luck.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sean_somer
alright guys i couldnt find answers to my questions so i figured id go ahead an ask

first off the 09s look awesome guys, almost makes me want a supercrew instead of a raptor. awesome job on em.

is it any good?
will it play dvds?
(jus askin cause my sister in laws tahoe w/ factory navi will an i thought it was awesome for a factory headunit to do that)

thanks for any help guys

any kind of info will help
I wonder if the 6.2 will ever make it?

I'm starting to read reports of a new 5.0 v-8 nicknamed the "coyote" , that will have 400 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque to replace the 4.6 and 5.4 sometime during the 2010 model year. It will compliment the ecoboost engines also set to debut soon. From my understanding the engine will also find it's way to the Mustang GT.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/ford-must...ngine-by-2011/
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/05...te-engine.html

Last edited by birdshooter; 07-09-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM
If you are in doubt about the current 5.4 liter engine, wait for the new ones - it's only one model year away.

I believe the 6.2 would be better to help move these heavy trucks quicker but I have no problems with the current 5.4

Quick Reply: 09 questions