2009 - 2014 F-150

Wish Ford dealers would offer spacer lifts through them

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish Ford dealers would offer spacer lifts through them

That way the dealer would install the spacer lift and warranty would cover any sort of CV boot or ball joint damage.

Sucks my buddy just bought a brand new 4x4 Tundra spacer lifted 3" with off road tires all covered under warranty.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by slimcubby
That way the dealer would install the spacer lift and warranty would cover any sort of CV boot or ball joint damage.

Sucks my buddy just bought a brand new 4x4 Tundra spacer lifted 3" with off road tires all covered under warranty.
That's probably not a Toyota thing but an individual dealership thing. I've seen lifted F150's at several dealerships.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep it's a dealer thing. There's a dealer here that has a sweet looking 09 FX4 with either 6 or 8" lift. The only thing about it is that through the dealer you are paying a very steep price for it vs. doing it your self.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
You guys are right now that I think about it... I saw a lifted F150 at a different dealer.

I guess I could call them and see what they would price me out at since it would be on their records what I have done and if any CV boots tear they will cover it.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by dkstone05
Yep it's a dealer thing. There's a dealer here that has a sweet looking 09 FX4 with either 6 or 8" lift. The only thing about it is that through the dealer you are paying a very steep price for it vs. doing it your self.
Very true. My dealer offers the same thing you get a 6" lift, 35" tires, and 20" wheels all for the price of $12k . My salesman, who's a personal friend of mine, hooked me up with the place they get their work done at. This place quoted me at dealers price -10% military discount. All in all $1,700 for wheels and tires, $1,600 for the lift, and $500 installation of all parts including wheel and tire balancing and mounting. Sad thing is I put $7k down on the truck so no mods yet except I did get a Line-X and tonneau cover through them for a great price.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by SFssft1911
Very true. My dealer offers the same thing you get a 6" lift, 35" tires, and 20" wheels all for the price of $12k . My salesman, who's a personal friend of mine, hooked me up with the place they get their work done at. This place quoted me at dealers price -10% military discount. All in all $1,700 for wheels and tires, $1,600 for the lift, and $500 installation of all parts including wheel and tire balancing and mounting. Sad thing is I put $7k down on the truck so no mods yet except I did get a Line-X and tonneau cover through them for a great price.
Hey brother, have you thought about getting a couple of buddies together and doing the install yourself? Ft. Bragg has one of the best auto craft shops I have ever seen. They have several lifts of all types and every tool you can think of. When I was stationed there I helped several of my buddies install their lifts. Ended up saving them some big bucks.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah my local dealer installs lifts that wont void factory warranty.......with a catch. Those bastards wanted $1000 bucks (canadian) just for a leveling kit and installation. You guys think it's worth it? I don't.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by bor543v
Yeah my local dealer installs lifts that wont void factory warranty.......with a catch. Those bastards wanted $1000 bucks (canadian) just for a leveling kit and installation. You guys think it's worth it? I don't.
Terrible idea.. What they are doing is precharging you for torn boots etc. Just pay the local shop to do it and save the $800 they are over charging you. In the unlikely case you need any repairs it should cost under $800. Just my .02.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:06 PM
For a basic 2" leveling kit, what are the odds you will have issues with ball joint damage?

I have an 2wd and would like to do a 2" level in front and possibly a 1" block in back depending on the stance after the front is leveled.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
For a basic 2" leveling kit, what are the odds you will have issues with ball joint damage?

I have an 2wd and would like to do a 2" level in front and possibly a 1" block in back depending on the stance after the front is leveled.
A 2wd with a 2" lift is like a 4wd with a 1" lift. You won't have an issue. Its when you go higher than 2" on a 4wd (3" on a 2wd) that the balljoints are stressed.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
What Ford really needs to offer is the option of 4.10 gears for those of us who want to run bigger tires. They won't do it since 4.10s and factory tires = a 1 mpg drop on the highway due to the high rpms.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
we lift trucks all the time, upon customer request, usually done when they buy the truck. we have even built a F350 Harley with a 6" lift just for the lot.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
we lift trucks all the time, upon customer request, usually done when they buy the truck. we have even built a F350 Harley with a 6" lift just for the lot.
How much is the price inflated for the dealer profit? Just wondering - ball park figure is good.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by slimcubby
You guys are right now that I think about it... I saw a lifted F150 at a different dealer.

I guess I could call them and see what they would price me out at since it would be on their records what I have done and if any CV boots tear they will cover it.
Just because it is "on their records" does not mean that they will pay to fix it. Ultimately the warranty decision comes down to Ford and Toyota... not their dealerships.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
How much is the price inflated for the dealer profit? Just wondering - ball park figure is good.
whatever the parts and labour is for what the customer requests. we do our best to be competitive with any aftermarket store offering the same service.

but i will say this, if a customer wants a lift we would rather do it because it will avoid warranty issues in the future. if some shop does it and then the truck has problems thats where it gets sticky with warranty.

and thats we offer in house

remote starters/alarm systems
Roush performance parts
Ford racing performance
lift kits
custom wheels
exhaust
leveling lits
air bags
chrome packages
bed covers
mud flaps

pretty much anything you could want with your car/truck i/we will install for you, and honor that installation.

Quick Reply: Wish Ford dealers would offer spacer lifts through them