2009 - 2014 F-150

I'm getting a truck soon, I hope

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a truck soon, I hope

I'm going to buy a 2009 F150 this summer. I live in Illinois and have a winter condo in az. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler in Az that I'm going to trade / sell for the truck. I'm going to keep the truck in Il. So I have 2 options:

1. Sell the Wrangler in Az and take the cash and buy the truck in Il. I'll probably have to sell the Jeep to Carmax, etc , because I won't be around constantly in Az to show it to a bunch of interested buyers.

2. Trade in the Wrangler in Az and drive the F150 back to Illinois.

I'm going to Az next week and I hope to get the deal done by next saturday.

Except for cost, is there something else I should consider in making my decision?

Old 07-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by ronster
I'm going to buy a 2009 F150 this summer. I live in Illinois and have a winter condo in az. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler in Az that I'm going to trade / sell for the truck. I'm going to keep the truck in Il. So I have 2 options:

1. Sell the Wrangler in Az and take the cash and buy the truck in Il. I'll probably have to sell the Jeep to Carmax, etc , because I won't be around constantly in Az to show it to a bunch of interested buyers.

2. Trade in the Wrangler in Az and drive the F150 back to Illinois.

I'm going to Az next week and I hope to get the deal done by next saturday.

Except for cost, is there something else I should consider in making my decision?
Make sure you research the prices per model, what incentives are available in IL or AZ, and do your general homework. I would check the inventory in two states or more so you wont have to settle on what is on a particular dealer's lot. Dont be afraid to shop online first as some dealers have alot of trucks left and some do not. Check ebay motors. There is about 80 new 2009s on there all the time. Having one shipped is not a big deal - especially if it gets you the truck you really want.
I started out looking at the xlts. By the time I started to add options I was real close to the price of an FX4 which is what I bought. I had to order mine to get what I wanted but it was worth the wait. Goodluck

Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Seems life is easier if you trade in the Jeep for a new truck. Buy where it's cheapest.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy where cheapest, sell where highest. Jeep probably sells for more in IL than AZ, but use Edmunds and KBB as your guides. Does either state have a sales tax policy where you only pay tax on the difference between new vehicle and trade in vehicle? What state will you be registering the vehicle?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Things are getting more complicated. I see "California Emissions..." on vehicle stickers in Az. I dont know what that means, but I'm sure I don't need it in Il

Now I plan to get the truck (and register it) in Il. But first I'm going to Az and either sell the Wrangler or drive it to Il to use as a trade-in.

I know in Il that sales tax is only net from trade-in. I'm not sure about Az.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by ronster
I know in Il that sales tax is only net from trade-in. I'm not sure about Az.
It is the same in AZ. Only pay tax on difference between trade and new.

Quick Reply: I'm getting a truck soon, I hope