2009 - 2014 F-150

Brand spankin new, check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand spankin new, check this out.

This is my dads brand new F-150. Its all black, jet black grill and plastics, chrome running boards, privacy windows.

Well his birthday is coming up, and his one complaint was no power sliding window for the back. Is it possible to buy a kit for it?

Also any bad *** front license plates someone can link me? (preferably ford logo type)

Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by jetblackgrille

This is my dads brand new F-150. Its all black, jet black grill and plastics, chrome running boards, privacy windows.

Well his birthday is coming up, and his one complaint was no power sliding window for the back. Is it possible to buy a kit for it?

Also any bad *** front license plates someone can link me? (preferably ford logo type)
You may be in luck. My '05 Lariat had the slider harness hanging right behind the rear seat cushion so all I would have had to do was install the slider window, add the relay and switch. I didn't ever do it, but I think that's all you would have to do. Not sure if the harness is there on the '09's or not - but I'm betting it is. Nice looking truck too...I'd get him an XLT chrome grill and that thing would be awesome!! Something about the new '09 grill styling on a black truck that just begs to be noticed

Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 AM
google front license plate designs and you'll have a bunch of vendors to choose.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
is it an xl, stx, or fx4? looks nice though

Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by fordf350
is it an xl, stx, or fx4? looks nice though
Its a STX with the tow package. He really likes the jet black grille same with me.

EDIT: Also does anyone know where I can get the older style headrests that mach the interior?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by jetblackgrille
Its a STX with the tow package. He really likes the jet black grille same with me.

EDIT: Also does anyone know where I can get the older style headrests that mach the interior?
Nice. But I am partial to black. You may want to wait on the headrest, these new ones grow on you. I actually think they are more comfortable now that I am used to it.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Agreed, these headrests are by far the comfiest I have ever used in any vehicle ever. Not sure why some dislike them so much, or perhaps it's just a visual thing from those who don't own an '09 and see the pics, because in pics they look as if they are designed at a very poor angle and look very uncomfortable. But in actuality they are extremely comfortable!

As far as the power rear window, you might want to wait until you can get some info on the 2010 power windows WITH rear defrost!!! By far the most useful thing to happen between the '09 and '10 model years! It's the one thing I'll be jealous about.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I have this one - but it took 31 days for these guys to get it to me. Looks great though

http://www.autoplates.com/store/ford...e-p-63015.html

Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by smokestone
Nice. But I am partial to black. You may want to wait on the headrest, these new ones grow on you. I actually think they are more comfortable now that I am used to it.
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Agreed, these headrests are by far the comfiest I have ever used in any vehicle ever. Not sure why some dislike them so much, or perhaps it's just a visual thing from those who don't own an '09 and see the pics, because in pics they look as if they are designed at a very poor angle and look very uncomfortable. But in actuality they are extremely comfortable!

As far as the power rear window, you might want to wait until you can get some info on the 2010 power windows WITH rear defrost!!! By far the most useful thing to happen between the '09 and '10 model years! It's the one thing I'll be jealous about.

I completely agree about the headrests I like them to but he doesn't care for them. I may wait to see if they grow on him.

I never even thought about rear defroster, would I have to buy a new window to put it and the power slider on?

The dealer was nice enough to hook him up with ****ty mud flaps and shoe carpets with there name all over it as well is a license plate frame, front license plate, and sticker on the back. They really pisses me off when they do that ... but they did a 300$ detail on it and filled the 38 gallon tank.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I hear ya about those dealer stickers/decals/badges/etc. Every time I order a truck, I tell them explicitly to NEVER put any dealership crap of any kind on my truck. One of them I ordered, the guy told me, "Well, if we do happen to, they are very easy to take off." and I replied, "That may well be, but if I see anything on my truck you're ordering me another one, I could care less how easy they are to remove." Needless to say, all 4 of my ordered F-150's have never seen a dealer decal.

One time my dealer did give me a dealership tailgate hitch cover, which he showed me and I said that's fine I can just yank it out if I get sick of it. In fact, three years or so into owning that F-150, someone stole the hitch cover. Why you'd steal a dealership, 3+ year faded hitch cover, I still have no idea, but I certainly didn't care.

No idea what you'd need to do rear with defrost, but thought it might be something to consider seeing as how the 2010 will finally have that as an option.6 years later than I would have thought, but then again, it's only recently that Ford has really stepped up it's game in the auto bizz. Here's hoping they keep it up, look to leap forward not just tag along.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I hear ya about those dealer stickers/decals/badges/etc. Every time I order a truck, I tell them explicitly to NEVER put any dealership crap of any kind on my truck. One of them I ordered, the guy told me, "Well, if we do happen to, they are very easy to take off." and I replied, "That may well be, but if I see anything on my truck you're ordering me another one, I could care less how easy they are to remove." Needless to say, all 4 of my ordered F-150's have never seen a dealer decal.

One time my dealer did give me a dealership tailgate hitch cover, which he showed me and I said that's fine I can just yank it out if I get sick of it. In fact, three years or so into owning that F-150, someone stole the hitch cover. Why you'd steal a dealership, 3+ year faded hitch cover, I still have no idea, but I certainly didn't care.

No idea what you'd need to do rear with defrost, but thought it might be something to consider seeing as how the 2010 will finally have that as an option.6 years later than I would have thought, but then again, it's only recently that Ford has really stepped up it's game in the auto bizz. Here's hoping they keep it up, look to leap forward not just tag along.

Comet...could it be that Mr. Mulhaley (sp?) is finally turning the ship back on course

Old 07-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Someone posted a link for that sliding window you're looking for. I'll try to search it later. It was like $200 something...

Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I told my dealer the same thing: no dealer decals. Well, I went to take delivery and they fully detailed it, but applied a dealer decal to the rear tailgate and put dealer advertising on both license plate holders. I told him the deal was off unless they were removed within the next 10 minutes. He said it was company policy and told me they were easy to take off. I got in my car and started to drive away. Within seconds my cell phone was ringing off the hook. 15 minutes later I was driving home my new F150....decal-less.
Bottom line...these guys are mostly morons. Don't let them get away with that crap.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 PM

I agree the last time he owned ford it was a late 80s, it lasted through 3 beds and 2 motors but all it had was a bench seat with broken air vents. This f-150 he has now has more room for fishing poles, can tow cars to rebuild for my mom and sisters and has high tech air vents. When he pulled up to the house while I was cleaning my car I saw the F-150 decal on the window and had pretty high hopes... and I'm not disappointed at all

Quick Reply: Brand spankin new, check this out.