2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear View Camera ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear View Camera ?'s

I've read the Retro-fit thread but it really only confused me even more. I mean the trial and error of different parts has me confused on what to get and where to get it. Today I stopped by my local Ford dealer to get the part numbers for the camera, bezel, wiring harnesses, and rear view mirror, but I only got blank stares. I think they were even more confused than I am. I've searched ebay and did a search for 2009 ford f150 backup camera, 2009 ford f150 rear view camera, and everything in between on google but I've had no luck at finding this stuff. So does anyone know where I can get these? Also if you know the exact part numbers for everything and would be willing to give me a quick run down on what to do I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I have done in the past, is find a vehicle on the lot that has the option you are looking to add (find a truck with the camera standard), and write down that VIN.
Then when you want to order parts to do a mod, use that VIN and have the dealer parts dept look up the parts.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
What I have done in the past, is find a vehicle on the lot that has the option you are looking to add (find a truck with the camera standard), and write down that VIN.
Then when you want to order parts to do a mod, use that VIN and have the dealer parts dept look up the parts.
Thanks that's good info. Something I wasn't thinking of, wonder why the parts dept guys didn't think of it? I began reading your response and stopped at the word "add"! You had me worried there for a moment, I thought you were eluding to a different solution if you know what I mean .

Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by SFssft1911
I've read the Retro-fit thread but it really only confused me even more. I mean the trial and error of different parts has me confused on what to get and where to get it. Today I stopped by my local Ford dealer to get the part numbers for the camera, bezel, wiring harnesses, and rear view mirror, but I only got blank stares. I think they were even more confused than I am. I've searched ebay and did a search for 2009 ford f150 backup camera, 2009 ford f150 rear view camera, and everything in between on google but I've had no luck at finding this stuff. So does anyone know where I can get these? Also if you know the exact part numbers for everything and would be willing to give me a quick run down on what to do I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
If you do this post info on cost, difficulty, and time to do if you wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind backup camera on my truck.

Quick Reply: Rear View Camera ?'s