2009 - 2014 F-150

Where are all the 09's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in the DC area.... I'm pretty sure I'm the only person "inside the Beltway" that has an 09. Hybrids and mini's rule around here these days.... ugh.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
'09 sighting or lighting strike, which is more likely?

I never see any. The sightings are so rare my surprise is so great seeing one that I don't even get the chance to give a "thumbs up".

It's very cool being the only person who has one, I get comments all the time. I was at a wedding recently, and my truck got so much attention the groom told me afterwards he was jealous becuase my truck got all the attention. Even the photographer kept talking about it and saying we should get it in the pics!

I've seen very few of the new rams as well, even less that the '09 150's. Damn those things are ugly.

I see lots of those gmc's and tundra's around, but those two have been out for a good number of years now, they aren't new like the 150 and ram. Didn't the chebby come out in 2008 and the tundra was what 2007 or something? Those tundra's are crap anyways, no matter how you slice it. The GMC's are ok looking, the chevy's look crappy.

But I agree, '09's are so rare it makes me think Ford must not be selling very many. If they lose their sales crown it will suck, but won't change the fact they are the best built out there, best looking by far, and certainly the most luxurious!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 AM
It likely has to do with production as was mentioned and distribution. I think it was late May before I started seeing them around here. Since then it seemed like they were breeding like rabbits as they continued to pop up everywhere. When I got my Platinum last week, the dealer said I was lucky to get the truck I got because the week before there wasn't one for 300 miles around the DFW area... the Platinum's don't stay on the lot for very long around here apparently...

Old 07-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Up until the summer I saw very few. I usually see at least 1 a day now. There are at least three other 09's besides mine at work (Plat, XLT, and FX4). It is just going to take time for the numbers to increase. Same thing as in 04.

See a few new Rams now. But see more 09 F-150's than Rams.

On a side note. A buddy of mine said that he was looking at new trucks and that the dealers would not come off the prices much. I told him don't expect the fire sale prices of the past couple of years since it seems that they have supply in line with demand now.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by MORDECAI_JONES
Up until the summer I saw very few. I usually see at least 1 a day now. There are at least three other 09's besides mine at work (Plat, XLT, and FX4). It is just going to take time for the numbers to increase. Same thing as in 04.

See a few new Rams now. But see more 09 F-150's than Rams.

On a side note. A buddy of mine said that he was looking at new trucks and that the dealers would not come off the prices much. I told him don't expect the fire sale prices of the past couple of years since it seems that they have supply in line with demand now.
My father in law is in the market for a new truck and i sent him down to the local Ford dealer to get some prices and even told my mate who works there to sort him out. My mate said that he wont be able to get anywhere near the price that i got mine for as sales have been up a lot in the last month. He is now looking at a Ridgeline!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I was one of the very first to get a 1997 model, in early 1996. For awhile I was one of the very few around, but it wasn't long until I started seeing them all over. In 2004 I got one of the first of the Job 2's, by then there were already a bunch driving around. With the '09 it's completely different. The '10's are practically here, and I'm lucky if I see one or two a month, if that. In my experience with the last 2 models and this one, it's a vast difference in sightings. Perhaps MA being one of the most expensive states to live in has something to do with it, no idea, but it's nothing like when the '97's and '04's launched. It's kinda cool having the only one around.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I was one of the very first to get a 1997 model, in early 1996. For awhile I was one of the very few around, but it wasn't long until I started seeing them all over. In 2004 I got one of the first of the Job 2's, by then there were already a bunch driving around. With the '09 it's completely different. The '10's are practically here, and I'm lucky if I see one or two a month, if that. In my experience with the last 2 models and this one, it's a vast difference in sightings. Perhaps MA being one of the most expensive states to live in has something to do with it, no idea, but it's nothing like when the '97's and '04's launched. It's kinda cool having the only one around.
Same for me. When I bought my '04, there were very few around since they went on sale just a couple months earlier. Then 3-4 months later they were EVERYWHERE. The '09 models though I'm lucky to see one a week. The '09 Rams are all over the place, if I threw a rock I'd most likely hit one.

Somehow though, Ford is still leading in sales of light duty pickups.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
I am starting to see more of them than 04-08's. Employee pricing started up here and all the dealers are selling out fast.