2009 - 2014 F-150

Viper 5901 install questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Viper 5901 install questions.

Who on here has installed the viper 5901 on their 09 f-150?
I need some guidance on what all I need to buy so I have everything I need before I start the install.
I am kinda skeptical on the prices I have found for the 5901 itself on Amazon.
I mean the list on Viper’s website is $649.99 and I have found it for $227.37… From what I can tell the place looks legit but the price is so low!
Link here for the $227.37 page

Do I need to buy the “Ford Immobilizer Bypass For Remote Start” ? I know I want to add the 530T Window Automation but I am just unsure what else I need.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Johnie

Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Supposedly any of these will work. http://www.xpresskit.com/Result.aspx...F150&year=2009

I ordered my 5901 from http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/viper5901.aspx
I also ordered an XK04 but they shipped a PKALL and it worked fine. I assume they list tons of models and just ship the one that fits them all. It bypassed the PATS just fine. I also found a coupon for their site to get $15 and got free shipping.

I also got 1-530T for my front windows. You can get the tilt sensor, proximity sensor, backup battery, extra interior sirens, glass breakage etc. I decided I was spending enough and the unit had enough features, if those other sensors detect something that my normal system wouldn't, the guys stealing my stuff are pros and if they want it, they will get it. I got it for the piece of mind, features, range, and 2-way. I am usually not far from my truck and if I get an alert, 3 people are coming; myself, Smith, and Wesson.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I looked at getting the stuff online and installing my self until i see what was involved with the install. I went to my local dealer and they were def a little more expensive but if they fffd up my truck electronics or burnt it to the ground they were insured and if a dealer fitted it i have lifetime warrenty. If you know how to fit the stuff then def get it on line but be aware that you wont have any kind of warrenty and if a part is faulty you will have to send it back to where you bought it and they may be an *** about it working fine when they sent it. I will tell you now though that if ya have 4 windows then def do 2 modules to wind them up and down. I was in bed last night at about 11pm and heard the rain start and i had all four windows open and i just pressed the lock button and they closed right up. saved me getting out of bed and in the awful rain. But the modules if wired correctly will alos give you one touch up and down on all windows from your console.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies. I'm comfortable with doing the install myself and Viper has a solid rep for good quality so I am not too worried about the warranty when the online price is that much of a difference.

I mainly just wanted to make sure I ordered everything I needed (wanted) and to see what other 09 owners had installed. Also I wanted to see how many others had installed the system themselves to see if there was anything weird with the install like a group of wires that was hard to find or reach... things like that.

BTW, I think I will get two of the 530T's and I think that is about it to start with. I am buying the system for about the same reasons as you yetti96, and yeah if it sends me a warning my M&P 45 will be with me too :-)

Oh and I also was wandering about this; On my ‘04 I removed the key sense wire so I didn't have to listen to the ding ding ding when the key was in but was listing to the radio with the door open. I see that wire is used on the 5901 so is there a way to stop the ding ding dingggggg with the key in and door open on the 09's?

Thanks again and keep the replies coming I will take all the advice I can.

Johnie

Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I only have a scab so the little rear windows were not enough to justify another $50 for another 530T. I have an '04 so the '09 might be slightly different in wire locations and such but I doubt much has changed.

PS, is your M&P a compact?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I have the M&P40c which is my ED-CCW and my night stand partner is the M&P 45 Full size with X300 from Surefire to light the way.
I LOVE both guns but I think the 45 is a little more fun to shoot.

Quick Reply: Viper 5901 install questions.