2009 - 2014 F-150

Is it hard to install heated mirrors on a truck that didn't come with them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it hard to install heated mirrors on a truck that didn't come with them?

I was wondering if it was very hard to install heated mirrors on an 09 FX4 that didn't come with them. Is the harness in place at the mirror and at the dash?

Thanks

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey there,

I am not sure if the harness is in the dash or behind the mirror. But I do know this. I have the heated driver side mirror and if your interested in a possible trade for your normal mirror I may be down. Does your non heated mirror have the blinkers in them?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I installed the heated mirrors from a 2000 expedition on my 2002 supercrew. I am not sure about the wiring being in your truck but here is a option for you to think about. I went to a salvage yard and got a rear defrost switch from a 1988 ford taurus. This switch is a timed switch for 12 min if I remember correctly. I ran a wire from my power point to the switch with a fuse inline and a wire out to each mirror. There is a ground in the the door already if you have power mirrors that you can use. When I wanted the mirrors heated just hit the switch and it will turn itself off. I don't think I ever had to hit it 2 times to clean the mirrors.

Quick Reply: Is it hard to install heated mirrors on a truck that didn't come with them?