2009 - 2014 F-150

Lifted truck with big tires???? Better not have been you!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did that rock bust right thru that windscreen or did it bounce off just like it was a windshield?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Im still getting used to the US terms for stuff like Bonnet = hood, Boot = trunk, Wing = fender, Petrol = gas and so on

But what annoys me most is that when you lift a truck so much that you can almost see the whole tread of the tire from top to bottom then the least they could do to stop mud and debris from flying from the tires to the vehicles behind is fit some mud/stone gaurds. I sit behind trucks all day which come from the local stone quarries and they all have massive mud guards that almost hit the floor and i cant hardly even see their tires. Same goes for any truck where you can see more tire than really needs to be seen.
I know the lifted truck people couldnt give a dam because it aint their problem when it happens. My whole window was taken out and the stone was that big that i see it as soon as it left his tire and it left a dent in the windscreen about an inch round. It wernt no small gravel stone. My whole windscreen was shattered. Same as the toyota guys. Im also with allstate and they covered the full cost but it's the grill that pisses me of now. That aint going to be a cheap fix for me.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
hahha, this is completely irrelevant, but when I read this thread title, my brain went right to the movie Step Brothers and made me think of:

"Investors?!?!? Possibly yoouuuuu!!"

Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
It's not like the guy in the lifted truck was on the dirt shoulder spinning donuts spraying cars as they go by... If you think all of us in lifted trucks are morons, then stay away from us... I'd love to have one less slow poke in front of me...

Old 07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
IMO it should be a law for mudflaps on lifted trucks with tires sticking out past wheel wells and/or the body to high to block rocks.. I like raised trucks would do it too if I had the cash and didn't effect towing. it really sucks either getting passed or following someone with a lift kit or stupid big tires. I went thru 3 windows in my 06 in 3 years and my current windshield has 4-5 hits on it ... the first one was a blazer with a huge lift and tires that stuck out 6inchs he floated onto the shoulder and thru rocks everywhere ... Guess IMO it's just common courtesy!

Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Monkey#39
IMO it should be a law for mudflaps on lifted trucks with tires sticking out past wheel wells and/or the body to high to block rocks.. I like raised trucks would do it too if I had the cash and didn't effect towing. it really sucks either getting passed or following someone with a lift kit or stupid big tires. I went thru 3 windows in my 06 in 3 years and my current windshield has 4-5 hits on it ... the first one was a blazer with a huge lift and tires that stuck out 6inchs he floated onto the shoulder and thru rocks everywhere ... Guess IMO it's just common courtesy!
Most places have a law that require the tires to not stick out past the fenders or fender flairs.

Quick Reply: Lifted truck with big tires???? Better not have been you!