2009 - 2014 F-150

Lifted truck with big tires???? Better not have been you!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifted truck with big tires???? Better not have been you!

Well had my first broken windscreen today thanks to a guy in a black 2004-2008 lifted f150 who thought he would pepper everyone behind him with lumps of stone which were stuck in his tires. He pulled out from a stone road and i had to slow right down so that i wouldn't hit him and then he tried to pull away from me and couldn't and as he passed another truck he took my windscreen out and a guy in a tacoma's windscreen out almost right after each other and left a massive dent in my grill and a couple of paint chips on my front bumper and hood. He didn't have any type of mud guards either. His lucky i couldn't see where i was going otherwise i would have chased the tool down. I now hate lifted trucks even worse than i did before. Grill cant be fixed so might have to purchase a new one. Cheers fella

Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Is he a tool? Yes. But don't paint everyone with a lifted truck with the same brush. A non-lifted truck can spit up rocks too you know!

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by wasachevyguy
Is he a tool? Yes. But don't paint everyone with a lifted truck with the same brush. A non-lifted truck can spit up rocks too you know!
X2. A lot of people have mud terrains because we need them. Shouldn't automatically make all of us hate-worthy. Any car can kick up rocks, you got unlucky. Happens to everyone.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Well in the last 13 years of driveing i have never had a broken windscreen and the day i end up behind a lifted truck me and another guy both get sprayed to hell with boulders. Never really see lifted trucks in VA and when i do im never behind them. I just think that if ya gonna cruise around with a lifted truck with tires that can hold 1lb boulders then perhaps a good set of mud/stone guards would be a great addition.

Last edited by Barritia; 07-23-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
gpo
Can you put this through as a comprehensive claim? It sucks that it happened. Good luck getting everything back to normal.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Well had my first broken windscreen today thanks to a guy in a black 2004-2008 lifted f150 who thought he would pepper everyone behind him with lumps of stone which were stuck in his tires. He pulled out from a stone road and i had to slow right down so that i wouldn't hit him and then he tried to pull away from me and couldn't and as he passed another truck he took my windscreen out and a guy in a tacoma's windscreen out almost right after each other and left a massive dent in my grill and a couple of paint chips on my front bumper and hood. He didn't have any type of mud guards either. His lucky i couldn't see where i was going otherwise i would have chased the tool down. I now hate lifted trucks even worse than i did before. Grill cant be fixed so might have to purchase a new one. Cheers fella
Not a whole lot you can do if he was coming off a named gravel road and your area doesn't require mud flaps (90% of places don't). It's a fact of life, I hate to sound that way, I've had a chip in my front windshield since it was almost new, rock came out of the back of a dump truck, I've never claimed it, just take it as it is, to me it's just a truck, they are building more everyday.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:18 PM
That sucks, but at least it can be repaired. Heck, I have two small chips on my passenger door window - how the heck did that happen?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats sucks, but a dualie throw a rock and cracked my window but I don't hate all dualies now. It happens

Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
In florida it is a law( or was when my Bronco's windshiled cracked) that insurance will replace at no cost to you......bad luck!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
My plan with allstate has glass coverage, not that I ever needed it but if I ever found myself in this situation then it surely paid for itself after one incident. Talk to your insurance company and see if they'll help

Old 07-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Hope this makes you feel better... I had a lifted truck window broken by another lifted truck flying infront of me! That was the 300 dollar trip for Chinese food day. Stuff happens, but dont paint all of us with the same brush.

There's still a few out here that have consideration for other humans. It's getting harder to come across, but we're out there.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I still think it is funny due to the word "windscreen". Sorry to hear about your luck, I guess that is why lots of states require mudflaps or fender flares so that no tires is exposed to the side.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Mine got cracked twice in the first two weeks I owned it by semi trucks. So should I hate semi trucks? I had never heard it called a windscreen before either.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by sterling09FX4
In florida it is a law( or was when my Bronco's windshiled cracked) that insurance will replace at no cost to you......bad luck!
Still the law.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
On the road, I always eye lifted truck drivers as morons unless proven different because I had a similar problem with stones flying. I give them wide latitude when approaching, especially when passing. They seem to be slinging red mud most of the time around here with the occassional stone shower too. By the way, lifted to me means trucks raised so high, a Mini could fit under fit. You know the ones, the huge tires.

Quick Reply: Lifted truck with big tires???? Better not have been you!