2009 - 2014 F-150

Katzkin leather color match?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 AM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katzkin leather color match?

Hey guys I have a 2009 xlt with cloth captains right now, but im trying to match the to tone of the dash and air bag cover passenger side? The problem is the dash color at first looked charcoal but after some comparing it looks to have a brownish tint. Has anyone changed from cloth to leather on the 2009 and if so what color setup did you go with?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
If Katzkin is what you want and its pretty good stuff IMO(only custom leather from an upholstery shop will be better) take your truck to one of their dealers, they have about 40 colors(maybe more now) that they can match up to your interior. They can do the centers in a different color/material(suede), different bolsters, contrasting stitching, piping, etc... Basically they can make the new covers any way you want, just gotta go to the dealer checkout the options.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM
DjG
I did that the problem is the colors ford are using are not charcoal or black they have a brown tint to them which is very tought to match I went through all 57 colors and havent found one that I can say is a perfect match. I was just wondering what other guys on here where running if anything?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I just picked up my 2009 reg cab, silver. The interior is really boring ,'stone' which is a brown, even the floor is brown. I guess this is how they train designers now .Anyway being very allergic to the upholstry that's going to be redone in a soft medium blue leather.That will add some color and go well with the brown.
To answer your question - you don't have to perfectly match things .Get a little difference in tone , lighter or darker or add a contrasting color as I am doing .It'll look better.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you tried this site, as Ford does sell the Katzkin's as accessories.

http://katzkin2.com/FORD

Old 07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
DjG
Thanks for the help I want to stay as close as possible to factory so I'm going with Katzkin dark brown for the wrap and puddy for the accent color this will match the airbag cover and arm rest on doors where the dark brown will match the A-Pillar, steering etc. I will post pics when done.

Quick Reply: Katzkin leather color match?