2009 - 2014 F-150

Incubus Brawn and Tire info only - no pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incubus Brawn and Tire info only - no pics.

Ok - just got back from tire rack. Wheel I have is the following.

Incubus Brawn - 20x9 with 6.18 backspacing and 30mm offset.

Did a dry run with no tire and everybody agreed plenty of clearance on the suspension. HOWEVER - the spokes on the rim will ever so slightly rub on the calipers. It is such a slight rub that grinding off 1/32" from the seam on the rotor casting will take care of the problem.

Tire Rack in Torrance, CA did not charge for this test run.

So with the test fitting done it looks like 35x12.50x20 toyo MT's are a go with a 2.5" level kit. Just posting this info to help others looking at this same rim combo.

Am also looking to upgrade brake pads to stop the brake dust before mounting aftermarket rims. Will pass along the info and results at a later date.

If anybody has a make/part number for AAL's for the 09's would appreciate that and their opinions of the ride after install.

Good luck to everyone else working through their own demons on aftermarket tires/wheels/level kits.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Can' wait. When can we expect some pics?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by broncobran68
Can' wait. When can we expect some pics?
It will be a week or two. I work alot of hours and have no place in Socal to do it myself so I have to have the level kit installed. Have to figure out a time to schedule in a local shop.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

They look good clean, but one hell of a PIA to get clean. You will know why soon enough... I have swapped pads twice now and nothing has cut back on the dust, even the slightest bit finds it's way onto the toughest places on these rims..

Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
They look good clean, but one hell of a PIA to get clean. You will know why soon enough... I have swapped pads twice now and nothing has cut back on the dust, even the slightest bit finds it's way onto the toughest places on these rims..
Well it may not happen just yet I have worked three weeks straight and should have gotten some better sleep before ordering the rims. I am checking again that the 12.50 tire will clear the suspension. After what Broncobran68 said I am having doubts on what the tire guys said will fit. Only other tire I am interested in is the goodyear kevlar as toyo does not make a MT in 285/65/20 so I may be picking up another rim.

Regardless I will still change out pads. Have you gone to ceramic pads? there was a post here that stated the 2010 now have ceramic pads.

Quick Reply: Incubus Brawn and Tire info only - no pics.