2009 - 2014 F-150

New 2010 Plat Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HotLap
Sometimes messing with a good thing is not the way to go

So Barritia, you must be a landscaper - carrying all that sod in the bed..you know, if you secure the load correctly, you won't have to keep looking at it through the rear window
I dont really carry a lot in my bed but i can see a lot out of the rear window what is nice. Seems like such a silly thing to change.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Is it just the Platinum, or are all models going to have the huge rear seat Headrests.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
ive seen an lariat as well and the headrests were in there as well.

It appears pre-'10 release we all thought they were re-doing the front headrests when in all actuality it is the rear they mentioned changing because of customer feedback requesting large ones i guess. To me the ones in my 07 were to small (not sure if they changed in 09) but these are WAY to oversized.

But i think of this as well.... no one liked the new FRONT headrests when the 09s were released now everyone with them seem pleased. Maybe the same thing will occur with these. Honestly you only need to see out of the middle to see the rear and use your side mirrors (if you have them aimed appropriately) to see the blind spots these will leave.

Last edited by ChromeZ; 08-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks- I for one like them,I have to replace one of mine,I might as well get the large ones, hopefully there a direct fit.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Thanks OP for the pics...small changes but nothing really earth shattering. I would like to feel the new brakes though. Mine work fine - but they just don't seem to "bite"...if that makes sense - seems you have to press pretty hard. Anyway, if I had a 2010 on order, I'd probably get both the '09 rear seat headrests and trailer brake dash unit now - before they are gone...Ford must have integrated the trailer brake display in the Nav unit? And the rear head rests...well no way around it - they're just plain fugly...looks as if someone jammed a set of the front headrests back there

And while I'm trying to like it...that red just doesn't do it for me - especially with all the Plat trim...almost looks...tacky...kind of like the previous gen Mark LT - tacky chrome added everywhere....
The way you describe the brakes is how mine feel also. I would like to test out the 2010 brakes and see how they feel.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
ive seen an lariat as well and the headrests were in there as well.

It appears pre-'10 release we all thought they were re-doing the front headrests when in all actuality it is the rear they mentioned changing because of customer feedback requesting large ones i guess. To me the ones in my 07 were to small (not sure if they changed in 09) but these are WAY to oversized.

But i think of this as well.... no one liked the new FRONT headrests when the 09s were released now everyone with them seem pleased. Maybe the same thing will occur with these. Honestly you only need to see out of the middle to see the rear and use your side mirrors (if you have them aimed appropriately) to see the blind spots these will leave.
The thing with the fronts were people didnt like them because of how they felt more than how they looked. them things in the rear are just so ugly and big.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Holy crap, those rear headrests are bizarre looking, they look WAY too large for the seat! Visibility won't be compromised, as someone already mentioned. Between the rear view mirriw and having your side view mirrors adjusted correctly (so many people have them adjusted to see behind you, when they should be adjusted to see on either side of you) then it won't be an issue in that regards. Plus nowadays you've got the backup camera too for good measure. But geez, those sure do look odd. Glad they left the front ones alone, they are amazing!

PS I like the red, that one pic of the tailgate only looks odd by itself, but when you see the others pics at different angles it all meshes together nicely.

Last edited by CometFlash; 08-04-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
The front headrests were most likely changed as well. They were supposed to be tilted forward a 1/2" more and have new foam inside which would be hard to tell from the pics.

Edit: front headrests are about 1/2" farther back, not titled forward.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/07...r-updates.html

Last edited by Rambo; 08-05-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Plat Pics