2009 - 2014 F-150

1st issue, my 2009 F-150.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCKinBLK
I left my house one morning with 114 miles to empty. When I got to work, I had 98. I left to go to Lunch with 38 miles to empty. As I started climbing the hill to Mc.D's, the miles to empty started falling off. In a panic, I hurried back to work without stopping (barely at lights too). I called my car dealer and they thought I was running out of GAS!!! NO..... So I had it towed to the dealership and they diagnosed it with a sender and pump not being attached to the gas tank. So after 4 days up at the shop, I pick it up TODAY!! I go to the gas station. Fill it up. 520 miles to empty. I am driving home. Pull into my driveway. 150 miles to empty.

I have owned this truck for about 2 months. It has only 4,200 miles on it. It has lived up at the dealership for about 6 weeks and at my house for about 2 weeks. If it is not the transmission shifting hard and them telling me that I have to drive it like I stole it until it learns how I drive, then it is getting the body work done because there tech scratched my truck (which they tried to deny-because they said they never opened the hood) - well that's funny because the last time I looked, how else can you put oil into a truck without opening the hood?

I am so tired of this truck already. You would think for a $40,000 truck - it would run better than my 2000 chevy with 300,000 miles. But she don't.
Welcome to the Forum

Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCKinBLK
I left my house one morning with 114 miles to empty. When I got to work, I had 98. I left to go to Lunch with 38 miles to empty. As I started climbing the hill to Mc.D's, the miles to empty started falling off. In a panic, I hurried back to work without stopping (barely at lights too). I called my car dealer and they thought I was running out of GAS!!! NO..... So I had it towed to the dealership and they diagnosed it with a sender and pump not being attached to the gas tank. So after 4 days up at the shop, I pick it up TODAY!! I go to the gas station. Fill it up. 520 miles to empty. I am driving home. Pull into my driveway. 150 miles to empty.

I have owned this truck for about 2 months. It has only 4,200 miles on it. It has lived up at the dealership for about 6 weeks and at my house for about 2 weeks. If it is not the transmission shifting hard and them telling me that I have to drive it like I stole it until it learns how I drive, then it is getting the body work done because there tech scratched my truck (which they tried to deny-because they said they never opened the hood) - well that's funny because the last time I looked, how else can you put oil into a truck without opening the hood?

I am so tired of this truck already. You would think for a $40,000 truck - it would run better than my 2000 chevy with 300,000 miles. But she don't.

Wow, I'd be pissed too.

Quick Reply: 1st issue, my 2009 F-150.