2009 - 2014 F-150

Looking for Pics of a Bakflip HD on a 6.5 bed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Pics of a Bakflip HD on a 6.5 bed

Hey guys, as the title says I am looking for pictures of a Bakflip HD on a 6.5 bed. I picked one up and I am trying to position it correctly over the bed. I am specifically looking for pictures that show:

1) The position of the side rail rubber strips on the plastic bed side caps

2) The position of the rear cover seal over the tailgate (how much of the tailgate plastic cap is covered by the seal?

3) The position of the front cover seal over the front of the bed (right under the rear window)

Any pictures or comments you guys could post would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:26 AM
JesseRohr has one. Check his gallery.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 AM
you replied in this post before, this guy took several pics of his HD cover, some are close-up:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...lled-pics.html

The rear seal extends about 3/4-inch onto the tailgate cap on my truck.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Here's mine:

Mine overlaps the rear gate by about an inch. In the front I pulled the rubber almost all the way to the front. It's more important to have it more forward than back, as the water will leak in through the front.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by digitalamish
Here's mine:

Mine overlaps the rear gate by about an inch. In the front I pulled the rubber almost all the way to the front. It's more important to have it more forward than back, as the water will leak in through the front.
Digitalamish, did your cover come with a piece of rubber (about 1/2 inch high) that goes along the front of the bed between the 2 plastic side rail caps? Mine did but I'm not sure if I should put it closer to the front of back edege of the front bed rail and how well it will stick to my Line-X bedliner. Any chance you might be able to take some close-up pictures of the front/rear/and side rails?

Last edited by scottsherriffs; 08-08-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
you replied in this post before, this guy took several pics of his HD cover, some are close-up:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...lled-pics.html

The rear seal extends about 3/4-inch onto the tailgate cap on my truck.
SteveVFX4, thanks for the link. As you know I actually have the ford hard folding cover (which is a Bakflip HD). There are a few differences I think. My side rails came with drain hose attachments at the front and rear, so there is a total of 4 drain hoses. Also, there were no seperate shims included with mine, instead there was a continious foam/rubber spacer that runs the entire length of the side rails (at least I'm hoping that it is a spacer and not just there to help seal the side rail to the side of the bed caps). The one thing that surprised me was the the 3rd panel of the 4 (second closest to the tailgate) does not have a latch to lock it into the side rails. I hope this is normal. I guess it just means that if I want to open just the last (4th) panel, I actually have to open the last 2 panels and expose half the bed. No big deal, just a little surprising. Otherwise I love the Ford factory cover, and I ended up getting it for $950 CDN.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by scottsherriffs
Digitalamish, did your cover come with a piece of rubber (about 1/2 inch high) that goes along the front of the bed between the 2 plastic side rail caps? Mine did but I'm not sure if I should put it closer to the front of back edege of the front bed rail and how well it will stick to my Line-X bedliner. Any chance you might be able to take some close-up pictures of the front/rear/and side rails?
The only piece of rubber I got was a long 'D' shaped rubber 'shim' to put behind the clamps on the bed. Even that I just cut into 3" sections and just put were I was clamping the bed down. Otherwise that was it. I'll see if I can get some pictures tonight and post them. I don't have a bedliner, just a rubber mat in the bottom of the bed.

Oh, also, I didn't install the drain hoses. I wanted to see how wet it would get inside without them. Instead, I just took a 'freezer bag' type sandwich bag and rubber banded it tightly around the downspouts. Ever since I moved the cover forward to cover most of the front of the bed lip, I get very little water insided the bed. Of course the winter will be the test for that.

Quick Reply: Looking for Pics of a Bakflip HD on a 6.5 bed