2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 headliner issure for truck w/moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MickeyMorris
Well, I had mine at the dealership yesterday to fix this with TSB 09-14-2. Don't know what happened, but they said it didn't work and they had to re-order the parts...and would call me to setup again when the parts come in. Now, it's worse than it was.

This is what I hate, having to drop my truck off at the dealer so many times, to get something done. I had them order the TSB to fix this last week, the same time they ordered the 6-button remote start/alarm system for me. That way I could have both done at the same time...I thought.

BTW...I do like the 6-button remote start/alarm system.
I bought mine used last week from a Lincoln Mercury dealer. He had picked it up at a Ford auction. It has the same problem plus the problem with the front seats. I took it in and they tried the TSB fix and it didn't work either and said they would have to contact Ford to find out why it didn't work. They only were able to fix one of my seats and have the other seat repair kit on order. I'll have to go back in for that and hopefully the headliner issue will get resolved at the same time. I can see that I'm regretably going to have to buy their extended warranty just to CMA. Like you say " A $40,000 vehicle and you have to put up with this crap !" Fortunately I retired last month and have to time to take the truck back (a 20 mile one way trip) for repairs.

I should have kept my old '92 extended cab Flareside with 270,000 miles on it. The engine had never been apart and all it needed was a paint job!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Just an update on mine: I've had it in 3 times now...and the 2nd and 3rd time my dealer assured me it was fixed. However, both times as soon as I got in the truck, the headliner was sagging...worse each time. They're looking into what they can do with Ford at this time...as the TSB parts seem to be worthless. But, I am NOT going to fix this myself...that is BS. They will fix this problem, I don't care how long it takes now.

Also found another issue, now that the weather is colder. I found the drivers side mirror does not heat and defrost like the passenger side does. So, they've ordered that as well.

Still loving the truck...everything else is great.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM
An update

I finally stopped by my dealer on Monday to see if the parts for my seat and headliner had come in. They did! I guess they weren't planning on calling me right away. Anyway, they said they could work on it right then and I could wait so I did. The seat fix was quick but they wanted to wait for the adhesive on the headliner velcro to cure. I suggested to them that I just take the truck as is with the headliner still hanging and let the adhesive cure some more before they loaded the weight of the headliner on it. After several days I finally stopped by today to have them press the headliner back up. I could have done it but right now I want them to do everything.

If it fail again I'll post back otherwise assume that waiting several days before attaching the velcro together worked.

Last edited by Grunthunter; 12-17-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: 2009 headliner issure for truck w/moonroof