2009 - 2014 F-150

Just how safe is that '09?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
If i was in that Dodge in the last vid there would be a massive law suit. Thats an epic fail of the airbag and shows what your really getting when you buy a product made by chrysler "a heap of junk" The chevy didnt take the side impact well at all either. But at least the airbag worked. Glad me and my familey are driveing about in a Ford.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
If i was in that Dodge in the last vid there would be a massive law suit. Thats an epic fail of the airbag and shows what your really getting when you buy a product made by chrysler "a heap of junk" The chevy didnt take the side impact well at all either. But at least the airbag worked. Glad me and my familey are driveing about in a Ford.
It shows just how far Ford has come just in the last 5-6 years.

'03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5EmJBaGeQ

Heck, the difference in just one year.
'04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LkAzt_0qIg

Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Watching those videos did my heart good!

I was in a violent crash with my '08 - T-boned a car that pulled directly in front of me at 60mph - walked away without a scratch.

I was so glad to be in my F-150 when that happened - now feel even better seeing how my '09 does in those tests.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
Watching those videos did my heart good!

I was in a violent crash with my '08 - T-boned a car that pulled directly in front of me at 60mph - walked away without a scratch.

I was so glad to be in my F-150 when that happened - now feel even better seeing how my '09 does in those tests.
Glad you were OK...the '09's look to be the safest F-150 yet - just wish it was the Insurance Institute spokesman rather than the Ford ad guy speaking...would be more credible.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Glad you were OK...the '09's look to be the safest F-150 yet - just wish it was the Insurance Institute spokesman rather than the Ford ad guy speaking...would be more credible.
Well just seeing that '09 hit the wall, and how the the front wheels weren't even touched was good enough for me.

I guess I kind of had a 'flash-back' when I saw the first video.

I've had a '95, '03, '08, and now my '09. Hit plenty of deer with the '95 & '03, but nothing like the 60mph t-bone with my '08.

My very first thought when I crawled out of the truck after the crash, was how glad I was to be in an F-150 - made a believer out of me!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 PM
that makes me sick on acounta i own a 2000

Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I got t-boned by a lady in my '05 Screw last year... totalled her Maxima. It was about $8K damage to my truck, but mainly cosmetic and negligable structural damage. I think the fixed running board eased a lot of the impact as far as structural damage was concerned. Unfortunately, the truck was just never the same after that... it rattled where it had never had a creak or rattle before, doors would get out of alignment randomly, etc... I loved that truck and had planned to keep it until it fell apart on its own, but it became a source of frustration and agravation that I could no longer tolerate.

I don't feel so bad anymore now that I have my '09 Plat. though... just a few more years of payments than I had planned on.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
I just noticed how high they have the headrests set in this truck... up at least 2 or more inches is appears to me. What's the general rule for adjusting headrests anyway? They seem high, but watching the dummies heads hit, they appear to be just right.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
I just noticed how high they have the headrests set in this truck... up at least 2 or more inches is appears to me. What's the general rule for adjusting headrests anyway? They seem high, but watching the dummies heads hit, they appear to be just right.
The headrest should be adjusted to where the top of it is level (or as close as it can get) with the top of your head. This will prevent your head from being snapped back if you get hit from behind.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
I think they typically adjust the headrest until the dummy is comfortable. They've got to take care of them you know...it's not every day you find someone dumb enough to let you buckle them in a truck and slam them into a wall!

Oddly enough, the dummies riding in the Ford trucks have much lower life-insurance rates and have to be paid less than the dummies in the other trucks.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Saw these when i was considering getting an 09 F150. Good to know Ford does an excellent job making our built Ford tough trucks!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
I think they typically adjust the headrest until the dummy is comfortable. They've got to take care of them you know...it's not every day you find someone dumb enough to let you buckle them in a truck and slam them into a wall!

Oddly enough, the dummies riding in the Ford trucks have much lower life-insurance rates and have to be paid less than the dummies in the other trucks.
NICE!!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
yay!

Old 08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by stormtech
Well just seeing that '09 hit the wall, and how the the front wheels weren't even touched was good enough for me.

I guess I kind of had a 'flash-back' when I saw the first video.

I've had a '95, '03, '08, and now my '09. Hit plenty of deer with the '95 & '03, but nothing like the 60mph t-bone with my '08.

My very first thought when I crawled out of the truck after the crash, was how glad I was to be in an F-150 - made a believer out of me!
Are you watching the same video as I am, watch the front wheel shudder and jam back. It probably broke at least one mount.

Quick Reply: Just how safe is that '09?