production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congats, great trucks. You're going to love it

Old 12-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Hey Screwbuilder, this is not directed at you personally but if there is some program at work for complaints could you mention one for me? The door handles on my new truck are mismatched. One is painted gloss black and the other is flat. I don't know if you have seen the pics I posted but if you look close on the passenger side you can see it. I'm a retired auto worker and it's silly stuff like this that gives us a bad name. Again nothing personal but WOW.
Hey Bossey, the truck looks awesome, and I'm sorry to hear about the door handle. I'm an auto worker as well, and can't beleive that the mistake wasn't caught on the inspection line in KC. When you take your truck back to the dealer, a warranty issue report will be sent back to the plant, and hopefully the problem will be dealt with so other Ford customers won't have to deal with this type of thing.

Unfortunately, when we build 600 vehicles a day on a moving assembly line, we periodically put on the wrong part, but that's why we have quality control inspectors. I guess if we both have a brain fart on the same vehicle, the customer gets a truck with different door handles. And that's why we have a warranty I guess. Still, it's an amazing looking truck, and I'm jealous I didn't order the 20's. Mine will be built later this week. Take Care.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
Hey Bossey, truck looks great, mine should be here in another week. If you find a good replacement for the yellow reflector let me know or better yet send a picture. I agree it stands out to much. Thanks.
Ford offers black blanks for the yellow reflectors in the mirrors.

EDIT: They are from the STX model.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...flector-5.html

Last edited by Pig9r; 12-06-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the picture. Is that black replacement piece just stuck on? Now if you could only tell me if my truck has been finished, you told me it looked like it was to be started last Thursday. I know, patience, patience! Great pictures, also of the Raptor tail lights.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Now if you could only tell me if my truck has been finished, you told me it looked like it was to be started last Thursday. I know, patience, patience!
Once it hits the gate at the factory, your dealer should be able to track on the carrier (either RR or truck) by VIN.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 AM
I see it in this pic

Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by OAC FX2
Hey Bossey, the truck looks awesome, and I'm sorry to hear about the door handle. I'm an auto worker as well, and can't beleive that the mistake wasn't caught on the inspection line in KC. When you take your truck back to the dealer, a warranty issue report will be sent back to the plant, and hopefully the problem will be dealt with so other Ford customers won't have to deal with this type of thing.

Unfortunately, when we build 600 vehicles a day on a moving assembly line, we periodically put on the wrong part, but that's why we have quality control inspectors. I guess if we both have a brain fart on the same vehicle, the customer gets a truck with different door handles. And that's why we have a warranty I guess. Still, it's an amazing looking truck, and I'm jealous I didn't order the 20's. Mine will be built later this week. Take Care.
Oh I understand the boredom that sets in while working the line. I'm not angry just a little disappointed. The 20s are usually the first thing people comment about the truck and when they notice that they match the grill and running boards they really like the total look.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Pig9r
Once it hits the gate at the factory, your dealer should be able to track on the carrier (either RR or truck) by VIN.
Thanks Pig9r

One other question. The picture you provided of the black fill in for the reflector on the side mirror, how does one go about getting these from Ford. I talked with the parts department at my Ford dealership and they were lost. Had no idea. Also does anyone know if you can order a locking gas cap for the 2010 F 150. Once again parts department had no idea. Not sold on the new gas filler. No gas cap. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Pig9r

One other question. The picture you provided of the black fill in for the reflector on the side mirror, how does one go about getting these from Ford. I talked with the parts department at my Ford dealership and they were lost. Had no idea. Also does anyone know if you can order a locking gas cap for the 2010 F 150. Once again parts department had no idea. Not sold on the new gas filler. No gas cap. Thanks.
There is a link to the thread I got the picture from right above the picture in my post. The part number is in it.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I swear I've seen that mirror pic before....lol

besides that thread, I also posted the part number in my photo album caption for the mirror pictures. Just unsnap out the orange reflectors and pop in the black ones. takes 5 minutes...

Old 12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks very much for the part numbers, now I have something to work with. I'll be calling Ford today to put my order in. Do you remember how much you paid for them? Great looking pictures of your truck and some very cool upgrades, Cheers.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
I just ordered a set of those covers to replace the reflectors. Just under $10 Canadian per side. Thanks for the part numbers SteveVFX4. Dealer couldn't comprehend what I wanted to do so I told them Just Order The Parts Would Ya!!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
what's that part number

Old 12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
9l3z17e749aa driver
9l3z17e748aa passenger

Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Those are Ls not number ones

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?