2009 - 2014 F-150

production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bossey

Question for you. The special floor mats that came with the FX2, what do you think of them. Are they good enough for a Canadian winter? I was thinking of getting the mats that completely cover the floor. My truck is in Buffalo, its almost here. How is that problem with the door handles coming? Thanks.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I know that the mats that come with the FX2 are just a regular carpet. I've already bought a front and rear set of Weather Tech floor liners to put in the day my truck arrives. They ran me $230 cdn front and back. Well worth the money because they give your carpet full protection from snow and water and look great as well.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by OAC FX2
I know that the mats that come with the FX2 are just a regular carpet. I've already bought a front and rear set of Weather Tech floor liners to put in the day my truck arrives. They ran me $230 cdn front and back. Well worth the money because they give your carpet full protection from snow and water and look great as well.
I have not seen a really good picture off the floor. It looks like it is gray? Just saw another picture from Ford site and carpet and mats look black. What colour of mats did you get and will they match the carpet?

Last edited by kahnenine; 12-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 PM
The mats are black like the carpet and have FX embroidered on them. They are very nice but no match for the winter. I took them out and covered the carpet with some of the material used in car trunks and bought a set of BIG rubber mats for the winter.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
I have not seen a really good picture off the floor. It looks like it is gray? Just saw another picture from Ford site and carpet and mats look black. What colour of mats did you get and will they match the carpet?
My Weather Tech's are black, which matches the black carpet in the FX2. I know a few people with them, and they look cutom made for the truck.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
OAC FX2...you ordered on Nov 9th correct? I ordered on Oct. 1st. You already received your window sticker. I've been pasting that link in with my VIN and all I get is a message that says it's temporarily unavailable. You would have thought mine would have been built before yours, at least that makes sense to me, right? My rep told me mine was slated to be built the week of 12/07/09..now by my calculation there is only two days left in that week unless they work on Sundays as well. I'm just frustrated. My wife and I have been sharing the same vehicle since July when I sold my truck (the time and price were right). Man I hope I have good news and soon. Any incite? Anybody?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Make sure the number is entered correctly. Mine had a letter O and if you typed in number 0 (or was it the other way around? ) it wouldn't work

Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Best price that I found was $243.00 from the Weathertech website with free delivery. I'll keep looking. Where did you get your mats and did you have to pay for shipping. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I shopped around quite a bit also for the weathertech's and buying direct from them was the best deal I could find. They must have a stranglehold on the distributors.

If you are interested in seeing with the OEM all-season rubber mats look like I have a set listed in the classifieds. Shipping to CA would probably be more than what you could buy them from a dealer for though.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...loor-mats.html

Old 12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
Best price that I found was $243.00 from the Weathertech website with free delivery. I'll keep looking. Where did you get your mats and did you have to pay for shipping. Thanks.
I got my mats from the Fast Lane at my dealership in Hamilton. I asked him if he could beat the $243.00 weather tech wanted, and he said $230 plus tax. I know that Krown also carries them, as well as a lot of 4x4 shops. You should be able to find them in town without having to pay for shipping. Good Luck.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2
OAC FX2...you ordered on Nov 9th correct? I ordered on Oct. 1st. You already received your window sticker. I've been pasting that link in with my VIN and all I get is a message that says it's temporarily unavailable. You would have thought mine would have been built before yours, at least that makes sense to me, right? My rep told me mine was slated to be built the week of 12/07/09..now by my calculation there is only two days left in that week unless they work on Sundays as well. I'm just frustrated. My wife and I have been sharing the same vehicle since July when I sold my truck (the time and price were right). Man I hope I have good news and soon. Any incite? Anybody?
I know that the FX2 didn't start production until Nov. 7. I would assume yours would be built first as well. My window sticker didn't show up on the website until last Sunday. B4 then, I had the same message as you. If you send me your VIN I could try it as I did for preluder. Other than that, I've got nothing. Good Luck to you.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I know that the FX2 didn't start production until Nov. 7. I would assume yours would be built first as well. My window sticker didn't show up on the website until last Sunday. B4 then, I had the same message as you. If you send me your VIN I could try it as I did for preluder. Other than that, I've got nothing. Good Luck to you.
OAC FX2...here is my VIN 1FTEW1C81AKB44772 let me know what you find out. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2
OAC FX2...here is my VIN 1FTEW1C81AKB44772 let me know what you find out. Thanks!
Sorry Aggie, It didn't work, got the same message. My only thought was that where your NUMBER 8 is I have the LETTER v. I don't know if all VIN's are consistant with where they place letters and numbers, or not. Maybe double check VIN with dealer. Good Luck.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Did any of you guys get your trucks yet? Anyone getting a gray one? I almost ordered that color.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Did any of you guys get your trucks yet? Anyone getting a gray one? I almost ordered that color.
Mines coming in this week. Needs bed liner and tonneau cover to be installed among a few other things. Sorry its red, they'll see me coming. I'll post some pictures but now that the snow is here it will kill me to show a dirty truck. I hate winter.

Last edited by kahnenine; 12-13-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?