2009 - 2014 F-150

production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be sorry I like them all. Which red? The dark one or arrest me red? No snow here yet and if it's all the same to you, you can keep it on that side of the province. My son is talking about going to Ottawa for teachers college and I've tried to warn him that they get REAL winters there not like here.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Don't be sorry I like them all. Which red? The dark one or arrest me red? No snow here yet and if it's all the same to you, you can keep it on that side of the province. My son is talking about going to Ottawa for teachers college and I've tried to warn him that they get REAL winters there not like here.
Hey I like that, "arrest me red"! I've always had a big love for red. The other red was $500.00 more and I saw those colours together and I liked the brighter red. Snow in Ottawa is not as bad as it use to be 10 years ago. Your son will have a blast in Ottawa, I wish him all the best. Any thing to report on your truck good or bad?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Everything is great with the truck except for a few appearance issues. The door handle and a few scuffs on the mouldings that I want replaced. Just waiting for the parts to come in. My 2003 had the 4.6 and this one has a 5.4. I'm surprised at the power it has. A little slow off the start but once it's rolling it gets with the program pretty nicely for a full sized truck. I painted those replacement parts for the mirror reflectors to match the wheels and tried them on. I think they look fantastic but I took them back off for the winter.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Everything is great with the truck except for a few appearance issues. The door handle and a few scuffs on the mouldings that I want replaced. Just waiting for the parts to come in. My 2003 had the 4.6 and this one has a 5.4. I'm surprised at the power it has. A little slow off the start but once it's rolling it gets with the program pretty nicely for a full sized truck. I painted those replacement parts for the mirror reflectors to match the wheels and tried them on. I think they look fantastic but I took them back off for the winter.
Mine will have the 5.4 also. Needed the extra power to tow the new trailer. I'm confused about the mirror reflectors. First off you have them already, ordered mine same day as you. Did the black on black not look good. Can you send a picture off the mirror or have you taken them off already?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:03 PM
The dealer in town here overnighted the parts for me( they know me as I've purchased a lot of parts there ) and I went to the local body shop supply store to get them to match paint to the wheels. I tried them on in the black and they looked fine but I wanted to try the argent color. As I said I love the look and I'll put them back on in the spring and leave them.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Christmas Has Come Early!

I went to my dealer this morning to drop my ownership papers for my license plates and my salesman greeted me at the door. Want to see your new truck he said. Just came in this morning. No pictures yet, I wasn't prepared. I will take some pictures when I pick it up, that may be the only time it will be clean enough. First extended cab that I have seen and it looks great. I hope those that are still waiting get theirs in time for Christmas. Put a big bow on it.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by OAC FX2
Sorry Aggie, It didn't work, got the same message. My only thought was that where your NUMBER 8 is I have the LETTER v. I don't know if all VIN's are consistant with where they place letters and numbers, or not. Maybe double check VIN with dealer. Good Luck.
Well I contacted my dealer and he said that the VIN is correct. Then he told me that it would be coming down the line on Monday Dec. 14th which is today (when he originally said build the week of 12/07). I patiently waited until midday and tried the window sticker again and the same old error pops up.

I wonder if SCREWBUILDER can tell me if mine is actually rolling down the line today. It is sterling grey metallic vin #1FTEW1C81AKB44772.

SCREWBUILDER when will you stop producing for the holidays? I hope that I get it before Christmas or at least before Dec 31 so I can take the tax deduction fromt he irs.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
I went to my dealer this morning to drop my ownership papers for my license plates and my salesman greeted me at the door. Want to see your new truck he said. Just came in this morning. No pictures yet, I wasn't prepared. I will take some pictures when I pick it up, that may be the only time it will be clean enough. First extended cab that I have seen and it looks great. I hope those that are still waiting get theirs in time for Christmas. Put a big bow on it.
Congats and welcome to the club. Waiting on the pics now

Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2
Well I contacted my dealer and he said that the VIN is correct. Then he told me that it would be coming down the line on Monday Dec. 14th which is today (when he originally said build the week of 12/07). I patiently waited until midday and tried the window sticker again and the same old error pops up.

I wonder if SCREWBUILDER can tell me if mine is actually rolling down the line today. It is sterling grey metallic vin #1FTEW1C81AKB44772.

SCREWBUILDER when will you stop producing for the holidays? I hope that I get it before Christmas or at least before Dec 31 so I can take the tax deduction fromt he irs.
The sticker should appear before it's built. I used a VIN check digit calculator and it says your VIN is good. So either your dealer is feeding you a line or there is a glich somewhere. The assembly plant will likely be idle between Christmas and New Years.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2

Sorry, I can't help you with the VIN. Our last day is Dec. 23 and we go back on Monday Jan. 4.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM
My arrival date???????

Originally Posted by screwbuilder
Sorry, I can't help you with the VIN. Our last day is Dec. 23 and we go back on Monday Jan. 4.
Screwbuilder, can you more or less tell me when you think my truck should be arriving at my dealership. Originally my dealer said on the 21st and now says sometime near the 23rd! I read you previous post and got scared as can be since you say the factory will be closing till January! My truck was built on the 10th of this month and from there how long does it take to get to the dealer? I live near the Kansas plant, I live in Texas, but I don't know if the dealer is really informed and I thought you know more than him. Thanks.

Here's my VIN in case there's a way to track it down: 1FTFW1CV4AKB44646

Old 12-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Fdaf scam!!!!

Ford Dealer Advertising Fund showed up today when I went to sign my paperwork for my anticipated FX2. Well when I told my dealer I wanted invoice-incentives, he busted out his invoice and as I was going over item by item, I noticed something that was not on the Window Sticker or on Edmunds.Com. The charge is labeled FDAF/LMAF which is a whopping $503.00! I asked what the hell was that and the General Sales Manager said it was a charge passed on from FORD to the customer for their marketing and advertising! I was like what??? I don't want to pay that! I walked away and they tried to tell me that EVERY customer WILL pay for it no matter who I went to. So I ask you guys, please help me get rid of this charge! I beg you to give me pointers or if you even bought this thing. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:36 AM
I just went through my paperwork and couldn't find anything like that. It might be different up here in the Great White North or that might be a dealership administration fee they are trying to hide.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by preluder5
Ford Dealer Advertising Fund showed up today when I went to sign my paperwork for my anticipated FX2. Well when I told my dealer I wanted invoice-incentives, he busted out his invoice and as I was going over item by item, I noticed something that was not on the Window Sticker or on Edmunds.Com. The charge is labeled FDAF/LMAF which is a whopping $503.00! I asked what the hell was that and the General Sales Manager said it was a charge passed on from FORD to the customer for their marketing and advertising! I was like what??? I don't want to pay that! I walked away and they tried to tell me that EVERY customer WILL pay for it no matter who I went to. So I ask you guys, please help me get rid of this charge! I beg you to give me pointers or if you even bought this thing. Thanks.
I have a copy of my invoice. For my '10 FX4 SCrew lux package, it shows, 05 US gal fuel charge, $13.35 and FDAF/LMDA assessment $670. Total holdback was $1208.

From the looks of it that assessment and holdback are built into the retail price as they are only itemized in the invoice column. The dealer may negotiate into holdback, but the FDAF/LMDA assessment gets paid to Ford no matter what the dealer sells the vehicle for.

I negotiated a bottom line price including all fees etc included, so I didn't sweat what was itemized. And like you my truck was ordered, not off of the lot.

Last edited by Pig9r; 12-16-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Mine has them. Pics are on page 12
Glad to see they didnt ruin the FX2, yours looks great! Congrats on such a nice truck. You could dump a bunch of extras in it but I say leave it how it is

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?