2009 - 2014 F-150

production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deal?

Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2
Well preluder5, mine was built on the 19th so I hope they drop mine off on I-10 before they come down to Brownsville.
What deal did you get? If you read in the thread about Incentives/Pricing, you'll see how much I got mine for! I got 5K in rebates from FORD! and will refinance once I get my truck with Capital One at 4.34% 60Months. I got the truck at $141.00 below invoice and with free tint. What dealer you go with? You live in San Antonio?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by preluder5
Ford Dealer Advertising Fund showed up today when I went to sign my paperwork for my anticipated FX2. Well when I told my dealer I wanted invoice-incentives, he busted out his invoice and as I was going over item by item, I noticed something that was not on the Window Sticker or on Edmunds.Com. The charge is labeled FDAF/LMAF which is a whopping $503.00! I asked what the hell was that and the General Sales Manager said it was a charge passed on from FORD to the customer for their marketing and advertising! I was like what??? I don't want to pay that! I walked away and they tried to tell me that EVERY customer WILL pay for it no matter who I went to. So I ask you guys, please help me get rid of this charge! I beg you to give me pointers or if you even bought this thing. Thanks.
It's a legit charge not something the dealer is tacking on to the deal. Ford passes the cost for area advertising on to the dealer and its not listed on Edmunds because the fee is slightly different from market to market. I doubt that any dealer will waive it since it is essentially part of the cost they have to pay Ford for the truck. Usually there's a fuel surcharge on there as well for the gas they put in the tank at the factory as well. As they are part of the total invoice; you'd pay them even if you bought it under X plan so I don't think you're going to have any luck getting out of paying them.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
You guys are making me jealous. Canada seems to get everything first. WTF! I just want to build and price one, and maybe test drive one. But, don't tell my wife. Every time I test drive something I end up bringing it home.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM
What deal did you get? If you read in the thread about Incentives/Pricing, you'll see how much I got mine for! I got 5K in rebates from FORD! and will refinance once I get my truck with Capital One at 4.34% 60Months. I got the truck at $141.00 below invoice and with free tint. What dealer you go with? You live in San Antonio?
I live in Columbus and I went through Chuck Brown Ford in Schulenburg. I'm not a good haggler, but I think I'm getting a good deal: The MSRP is 34,810 and at the time I ordered I got a drive out of 29,100 (with 3,000 in rebates), but the rebates went up so I will probably end up with 2,000-2,500 more in rebates, so we're looking at 27,100 or 26,600 (then my down payment). I'm going on Wednesday to do the financial paperwork so I will let you know about that later. Any advice on the finance part?

Old 12-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey I live in Columbus too, we should hang out!

Old 12-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by husker99fan
Hey I live in Columbus too, we should hang out!
That's cool man. Come over to the house after midnight mass and we'll kick back a few.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:34 AM
You mean a few glasses of egg nog of course.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Insight Help

Ok so here it goes,
My truck was built December 10th. Dealer told me I would get it by the 21st then 23rd then 26th. Went by Saturday and truck was not in yet. Does anyone know more or less how the process works on trasnporting vehicles from the plant to the dealerships? I have been going crazy thinking of when I will finally get my truck. It's seriously taking a toll on me. Dealer also mentioned that it had to stop at the "FORD DEPOT" in San Antonio before it made it's way to Brownsville (South Texas). Is there any truth to that? I konw the plant in Kansas closed till Jan 4, but does that mean my truck is sitting up there or ???????? Please help man in distress

Old 12-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Man it sure sounds like the dealer is really dropping the ball on this one. My dealer knew exactly where the truck was and kept me informed daily. Sorry to hear it's such a screw up but believe me the truck will be worth the wait.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok so here it goes,
My truck was built December 10th. Dealer told me I would get it by the 21st then 23rd then 26th. Went by Saturday and truck was not in yet. Does anyone know more or less how the process works on trasnporting vehicles from the plant to the dealerships? I have been going crazy thinking of when I will finally get my truck. It's seriously taking a toll on me. Dealer also mentioned that it had to stop at the "FORD DEPOT" in San Antonio before it made it's way to Brownsville (South Texas). Is there any truth to that? I konw the plant in Kansas closed till Jan 4, but does that mean my truck is sitting up there or ???????? Please help man in distress
The plant is in Missouri. Either way your dealer can track your truck by VIN with both the rail and truck carrier companies. They should be able to tell you exactly where your truck is.

I know a guy that works loading vehicles at the plant. When mine was built he said that once they hit the gate at the factory they do not sit for more than a few days before they are loaded on either a rail car or truck.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Man it sure sounds like the dealer is really dropping the ball on this one. My dealer knew exactly where the truck was and kept me informed daily. Sorry to hear it's such a screw up but believe me the truck will be worth the wait.
I can't believe how incompatiant this dealer appears to be. Yours and mine came through without a problem and it was fast. I hope to hear soon that you've recieved your truck, it really is a great truck. Hey Bossey, question for you. With my truck at speeds of over 100 K it has a whistle that seems to be coming from the front of the windshield. Have you heard any any nosie with your trucks windshield?

Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Nope no wind noise but maybe I have the radio too loud. LOL I love the Underground Garage and Outlaw Country stations. Just got it back today from fixing the door handle and a few scuffed mouldings. I bitched to the dealer about the hassle and he gave me 2 more spare keys for it. That is good because my wife is semi world famous for losing keys and I believe they are about $35 each. All is well.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:25 PM
My Brother's but Not Mine!

Well I placed my order back in November 5 minutes BEFORE my younger brother placed his order and his truck arrived MONDAY 26th! Mine hasn't arrived and the dealer says that becuase mine is "SOLD", they have no way of finding out where it is! That really sucks! Anyways, here's a pic of my brothers blue truck.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Well I placed my order back in November 5 minutes BEFORE my younger brother placed his order and his truck arrived MONDAY 26th! Mine hasn't arrived and the dealer says that becuase mine is "SOLD", they have no way of finding out where it is! That really sucks! Anyways, here's a pic of my brothers blue truck.
Your dealer is lying to you. Your truck has a VIN just like anyother one that is being shipped to them and they track them the same way. Call Ford customer service and have your VIN handy.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
What is taking you guys so long to get your trucks! I need some pics!

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?