2009 - 2014 F-150

production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked the same question earlier and it can't be done. I guess we will have to wait a little longer.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I saw a red FX2 drive off of the lot at Kanata Ford today. If I get a chance, I will go snap a picture.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Could this be true?

Originally Posted by Boataddict
I saw a red FX2 drive off of the lot at Kanata Ford today. If I get a chance, I will go snap a picture.
Are you sure that it was a 2010? I work just over in Carp and I will make a point of dropping by with my camera. I had some spare time today so I phoned Ford Canada to ask why there were no pictures of the new FX2, besides the picture in the brochure. They said that because the FX2 was an option package and not a actual model they would not show any pictures. I knew that I was not going to get anywhere with this but I at least had to try. Just a couple of weeks for my assigned build date to arrive, Monday Nov. 30th. If this is really a 2010 model of the FX2 it will be a big find for us starved FX2 fans. I will check it out along with Boataddict. Stay tuned!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Let me know. Take several pics if you can

Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I called to confirm what I thought I saw and was told they do not have any. They said the ETA was withing 2 weeks but would not give me anything firm.
I have a friend looking for one so I told him to call me when they arrive. They have a black and a red on order.
Sorry. I could have sworn it said FX2 on the side.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Boataddict
I called to confirm what I thought I saw and was told they do not have any. They said the ETA was withing 2 weeks but would not give me anything firm.
I have a friend looking for one so I told him to call me when they arrive. They have a black and a red on order.
Sorry. I could have sworn it said FX2 on the side.
I also dropped by this morning to have a look, saw nothing, lots of 4 X 4's. Also called and I now know what some people have been going through when they call about the FX2. Total lack of knowledge about this package, way to go Ford. As far as I know the FX2 has only been in production for about a week and a half. No way we are going to see it here for awhile but it was fun for a second to think that there was one in Ottawa. Hang in there.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
I also dropped by this morning to have a look, saw nothing, lots of 4 X 4's. Also called and I now know what some people have been going through when they call about the FX2. Total lack of knowledge about this package, way to go Ford. As far as I know the FX2 has only been in production for about a week and a half. No way we are going to see it here for awhile but it was fun for a second to think that there was one in Ottawa. Hang in there.
The salesman I talked to didn't even know there was an FX2. They take alot of pride in being the biggest truck lot around so it suprised me.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
Not sure what your dealer is talking about. Pre orders would have been taken months ago. We started building them last week and some on here according to the above posts already have their VIN #.
Screwbuilder - Any chance that you could provide us with an update on how the production of the 2010 FX2 is coming. I think it's been about a week and a half since you said the first one had been made (Sunday Nov. 7/09). Mine is scheduled to be built on Mon. Nov 30/09. Is this the only model that is being produced at this time? We get more info from you than we do from Ford. Our thanks to you.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 AM
It's really strange that the dealers are so unaware of the FX2 status. The 2007-08's were really popular in southern Ontario. I see them everywhere. You would think that they would want them on their lots ASAP. The first dealer I went to didn't even know if I could order one yet. The second dealer ordered it for me, but knew no details about production status. This frustration, however, will all be worth it when that truck is finally in my driveway!!

Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Screwbuilder, My VIN is 1FTFWICVOAKB12891. They are still telling me this Saturday build date.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
Screwbuilder - Any chance that you could provide us with an update on how the production of the 2010 FX2 is coming. I think it's been about a week and a half since you said the first one had been made (Sunday Nov. 7/09). Mine is scheduled to be built on Mon. Nov 30/09. Is this the only model that is being produced at this time? We get more info from you than we do from Ford. Our thanks to you.
Not sure what you want me to say. We build almost all models and they are all mixed in. We don't build all King Ranches for a day or week and then start building XL models for a week and then something else. There is always a mix of vehicles. Sorry, we won't just build the FX2 for a month. Actually my guess would be about 4 FX2's per hour but that's just a guess.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Screwbuilder, My VIN is 1FTFWICVOAKB12891. They are still telling me this Saturday build date.
I will check on it tomorrow morning. I will probably see it tomorrow mid day since I am near the beginning of trim shop. The build date will be the day it rolls off the line and it takes more than a day to build from start to finish.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by screwbuilder
Not sure what you want me to say. We build almost all models and they are all mixed in. We don't build all King Ranches for a day or week and then start building XL models for a week and then something else. There is always a mix of vehicles. Sorry, we won't just build the FX2 for a month. Actually my guess would be about 4 FX2's per hour but that's just a guess.
Thanks for the info, I had no idea how it worked but I have a good idea now. When it gets close to my build date (Nov. 30/09) would you be willing to check on my VIN number if I provided it and give me an update on its progress? If your tired of doing this I would certainly understand. Thanks again for the info.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Information:

I went to my dealer this morning to see my salesman and I ask where was my order for my FX2, 2010. I order my FX2 on October the 22nd and my salesman told me today that the production of my truck began yesterday (19 Nov. 2010). I should have it in around 4 or 5weeks.

Michel
St-Bruno
Québec, Canada

Old 11-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Heres Your Chance!

I know that a lot of people have been frustrated with the availability of the 2010 FX 2. I was confirming my build date for my order today which is still happening on Nov. 30. The dealer who I am dealing with told me that he had 2 FX 2s on order that would possibly come in with my order. Neither of these two FX 2s were spoken for. The Ford dealer is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. If anyone is serious about wanting to buy a FX 2 they can contact the General Sales Manager David Cameron at Lincoln Ford Heights 1-888-557-9583 or 613-829-2120. Good luck and let me know how you make out. Still waiting for that first picture, hopefully soon. Cheers!

Last edited by kahnenine; 11-20-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?