2009 - 2014 F-150

production of the fx2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why ford promotes the king ranch, platinum, and the harley which are all packages for the lariat, but you can't find hardly any info on the fx2.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by rickey498
I don't understand why ford promotes the king ranch, platinum, and the harley which are all packages for the lariat, but you can't find hardly any info on the fx2.
Probably because it was a late availability item and it is not its own trim level but a package for the XLT.

However, they do have this to say about it on Ford's site:

Starting with America’s best-selling full-size pickup for 32 straight years, the Vehicle Personalization Team delivers the new head-turning 2010 F-150 FX2 Sport production package. The FX2 Sport package is available right now from your local Ford dealer and features a dark billet grille, unique headlamp treatment, monochromatic paint, unique wheels, custom step bars, a sporty deep front valance and sport captain’s chairs with flow-through center console and floor- mounted shifter. Adding Genuine Ford Accessories such as the bed sport liner and Ford Licensed Accessories such as the Hard Color Matched Tonneau Cover, you can easily transform America’s best-selling full-size pickup into a highly personalized vehicle.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=31266

Old 11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
You guys know there is a pic of an FX2 in the '10 brochure?

Last edited by Pig9r; 11-21-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Screwbuilder, I just received my build date for the week of Dec 7th. Do you think I'll have it buy Christmas? I'm so happy to finally have some confirmation on my build and VIN! Whoooop!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:03 PM
That is information we already know. We want to see real pics from every angle, and know when the fx2's will be on dealer lots so we can go test drive them. I am just curious. I have an fx2, and am a big fan. I am also curious if anyone has just priced th insert for the grill?

Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Screwbuilder, did you happen to see my truck go down the line?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Bossey I'm counting on your for some pics. What are your mod plans.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Fx2 2010

This is a picture of my FX2 2007.......I am wathing for my FX2 2010........

Last edited by miclaro; 11-22-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 11-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Mods

Originally Posted by pmason718
Bossey I'm counting on your for some pics. What are your mod plans.
Pics will be up as soon as I get in the driveway. Simple mods window tint, tonneau, spray in liner, Magnaflow muffler and tips beneath the bumper. I'm going to wait and see about the Pirelli tires. If they are sh#t I'll swap them out.
Latest projection from the dealer if it was built Saturday I should be driving it by Dec 3-5. We'll see.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bossey
Pics will be up as soon as I get in the driveway. Simple mods window tint, tonneau, spray in liner, Magnaflow muffler and tips beneath the bumper. I'm going to wait and see about the Pirelli tires. If they are sh#t I'll swap them out.
Latest projection from the dealer if it was built Saturday I should be driving it by Dec 3-5. We'll see.
Bossey, what colour did you order for your truck and what type of tonneau cover our you thinking of? I've already ordered my cover, went with ARE, they look great. Seems like we have the same plans for our new trucks, any ideas for who you will go with for the spray in liner, pretty sure I'm going with Line-X. Can't wait to see your pictures, mine is not being built till Nov. 30.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by kahnenine
Bossey, what colour did you order for your truck and what type of tonneau cover our you thinking of? I've already ordered my cover, went with ARE, they look great. Seems like we have the same plans for our new trucks, any ideas for who you will go with for the spray in liner, pretty sure I'm going with Line-X. Can't wait to see your pictures, mine is not being built till Nov. 30.
Tuxedo black,supercrew,20s,moonroof,Pretty much everything but leather .nav and rear camera. Line X liner that I got the dealer to throw in and the window tint because I've been waiting so long. Probably the Truxedo tri fold tonneau. I'm not one for a solid cover

Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Screwbuilder, did you happen to see my truck go down the line?
I am sure I saw it but my guy didn't come through with the rotation number I wanted. I asked him on Friday and again on Saturday, told him to text message me the number and he never did. Sorry.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Need Help!

Tuxedo black,supercrew,20s,moonroof,Pretty much everything but leather .nav and rear camera. Line X liner that I got the dealer to throw in and the window tint because I've been waiting so long. Probably the Truxedo tri fold tonneau. I'm not one for a solid cover
Ok guys, went to dealer on Monday and placed my order with the inventory manager at Tipton Ford in Brownsville. They said and showed me how you could not get a moonroof with the FX2 becasue it's based on the XLT model. So I don't know how you got them to put the Moonroof.

On another issue that I need your help, I don't like the height of the FX2 and as soon as I get would like to get it to be exactly the same height of the FX4 but I'm new to the truck business and have not clue how to acheive that? What exactly do I need and how many inches should I get a lift kid/leveling kit to get the look I want?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh that's OK. Thanks for trying

Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by preluder5
Ok guys, went to dealer on Monday and placed my order with the inventory manager at Tipton Ford in Brownsville. They said and showed me how you could not get a moonroof with the FX2 becasue it's based on the XLT model. So I don't know how you got them to put the Moonroof.

On another issue that I need your help, I don't like the height of the FX2 and as soon as I get would like to get it to be exactly the same height of the FX4 but I'm new to the truck business and have not clue how to acheive that? What exactly do I need and how many inches should I get a lift kid/leveling kit to get the look I want?
That makes no sense at all. What has the XLT package got to do with anything? I ordered mine through Lally Ford in Tilbury Ontario and there was never a question about the moonroof. I see lots of the 2007-8s with it. Try the build and price on the Ford.ca site. It is clearly available

Quick Reply: production of the fx2?