2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 F150/100,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
So how long does a non-replaceable fuel filter last? I don't know about what that dealer said, but it does not seem they build these trucks to last like they used to.
If it soothes your soul, you could get the no maintenance required fuel filter serviced whenever you like. Just disconnect the power to the fuel pump, disconnect the fuel lines, and drop the tank. Or you can do it the easy way and not worry about it.

How does lesser maintenance = "does not seem they build these trucks to last like they used to"? I suppose you miss greasing the fittings and packing grease into the bearings too?

I love the idea of no fuel filter changes and long life transmission oil. Lesser servicing = lesser operating costs = greater savings.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not serviceable = disposable.

No wonder why I get coupons from ford for $100 off an engine or transmission replacement now that I am about to hit the 100K mark.

Does anybody know what longevity the non-serviceable truck parts are design to meet for the 2009+ F150?

Don’t get me wrong I like my truck (and am looking at a 2010) but the cost of ownership/maintenance is many times higher on this truck than any of my past GM trucks. (i.e. multiple 4wd solenoids, multiple ball joints, multiple tie rods, rear end ring gear, rear end clutch packs, stuck sparkplugs, fuel pump driver unit that left me stranded 200 miles from home fully loaded with a trailer, cam phasers, tailgate torsion spring, rear window motor, frozen parking breaks, etc…) All of that and this truck is babied compared to my past trucks.

Quick Reply: 2009 F150/100,000 miles