2009 - 2014 F-150

Passenger seat vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 09 FX4 with 22" Harley wheels does it as well. My wife says if I fix it she will never get in the truck again....

Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Boataddict... HA!! Yours must be really bad if it moves when she's sitting in the seat!! I was figuring the wives would appreciate the sub-woofer under the back seat though!

My Platinum does indeed have a harsher ride than my '05 Lariat, but it's not that bad. Road noise is minimal and wind noise is nearly non-existant amazingly. It rides like a truck with low profile 20" wheels... I knew that going in... but that damn seat just shouldn't move so much. Besides the seat, it is solid as a rock and amazingly quiet.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
but that damn seat just shouldn't move so much. Besides the seat, it is solid as a rock and amazingly quiet.
I agree. I was just having a little fun with it. Mine does vibrate in my 09 but it was non existant in my 06 with 20" wheels.

Last edited by Boataddict; 08-20-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Double post

Last edited by Boataddict; 08-20-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Triple post.

Last edited by Boataddict; 08-20-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 PM
My '06 fx4 passenger seat rattled like a sob especially off highway, so does my '09 fx4 but its not as noticable due to the sony sound system

Old 08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
my 04 passenger seat did vibrate some too and had an annoying squeak when nobody was in it.

my 09 passenger seat also vibrates some but doesn't really make any noises...yet.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 08-20-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
my 04 passenger seat did vibrate some too and had an annoying squeak when nobody was in it.

my 09 passenger seat also vibrates some but doesn't really make any noises...yet.
YET! That's my concern... one hand hold the seat still and the other holding the headliner up... sounds dangerous!!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mickeymeanie
That's what bugs me... my '05 Lariat did not vibrate like this... I do agree Hotlap, my '09 has a stiffer/harsher ride than my '05 did, due in part I'm sure to the 20" wheels and lower profile tires. And you are correct, when loaded, it actually rides better... hauling my +/-230lb KX450 and gear makes a huge difference in the highway ride for sure!

It's not a big deal right now, but I'm afraid it will eventually start to rattle as the truck ages and the vibration continues.

I suppose I feel better that it's not just mine that is doing it... I guess.

One thing I did that seemed to reduce the movement was move the seat up a little beyond half way forward and moved the seat back to a more upright position. It didn't seem to move quite as much then... but still more than my '05 ever did.
I hear you for sure...I really noticed it with the 20's and lower sidewalls...(the largest stock wheel in '05 was the 18" - and it had almost the exact same overall diameter as our current 20's) - so we had a very tall sidewall to cushion the ride. I'm happy though trading a bit stiffer ride for better handling and less of the "pogo" I used to get with my '05 and those tall sidewalls. My '05 passenger seat still did vibrate though...almost as much as my '09 does. It's really only an issue on a few miles of really bad freeway here in SoCal.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 AM
It does it on the freeway? You ought to see mine go crazy on these country roads around here...they're kinda like an old rub-board...bump,bump,bump,bump. I can almost go 4-wheeling every day, just leaving the highway to get to my house. It doesn't do it at all on Interstate (freeway) though. I'm just glad it only does it when I'm by myself, or I'd be embarrassed if anyone else saw a $48K truck doing that, while I'm holding up my headliner, as Mickeymeanie says.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I should mention that the Interstate I am referring to is not black asphalt, it is an OLD concrete road that has had big blocks repaired over the years and now will beat you almost as bad as a dirt road. When I was in Houston TX the other month some of the older roads out there were bad too but not as bad as the road I am forced to travel everyday for 60 miles. :-( Again the fast lane isn't that bad...

Oh and the wind noise.. I haven't tried to locate it but it almost sounds as if a window isn't rolled up all the way. It may be coming from the rear doors or something.

Last edited by lxtac; 08-21-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Edit to add comment on noise
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Was just going to post this exact issue, now i can just throw my .02 in.
I have had an issue with the airbags, from about 2K on the truck. Upon start up they both stay on after all of the self checks. Turning the truck off, restart and its 'fine' until it happens again. Local dealer replaced the entire lower seat track on the pass side. Per hotline. was good for about one month. now its happening again. that 'one' part was 1K in cost. wow. very annoying. that and the chrome badge on tailgate needs to be re-elmer glued down!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 PM
what has the dealer said about the seat shaking?

Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
The dealer I goto is not the selling dealer. When i origianly purchased the truck ( off lot ) it had max tow pkg, but no IBC? go figure. So i went down to the parts dept to have them order one, they said it did not exist as an option. Then again when I had the airbag light issue, they said the airbag and or the service engin light had to be on for them to read the code ( i knew otherwise ). So i now take it to the local lincoln mercury dealership( there is a ford garage also) any way. They have been good about it. Definatly a smart group over there. Kevin who i deal with is a master tech. or what ever they callthem. Ford hotline advised them to replace seat track.I think now the seat shakes even more, and the lower seat cover clip never stays on. time for some zip ties?
I think my truck is going to have this issue forever unless i get them to replace it? air bad light stayed off for about 1 month. now every other day it will come on. i shut the truck down. restart and its fine.

i think its a software issue. but who knows. i didnt design it. i will probably schedule it to stay there for a couple days. and get a loaner.
i will update everyone when i hear more info on the airbag issue incase anyone else has the same issue.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Argh....I have the same passenger seat issue in my 2010 Lariat with the 18" wheels. I took it to the dealer yesterday. We lined up mine a couple others and banged on the passenger seat a little. They all shook bad and would vibrate the drivers seat too when empty. The service manager was a bit surprised to see it so bad in all the trucks.

I sure hope someone finds a fix for this, it drives me crazy.

-Jeff

Quick Reply: Passenger seat vibration...