2009 - 2014 F-150

Tire issues? New '09 FX4 w/Lift. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let everybody know, the Mickey Thompson's did the trick. As soon as they were on the truck, all of the shaking and vibration stopped. Now we know.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Glad you got it all worked out. And now have a good riding truck. Did they ever put the Pro Comps shocks and what not back on, that they took off?

I had a set of tires do the same thing, and I had the shop re-balance and align them. It continued to vibrate and shake. I told them I wanted new tires, but was not going to pay for them (except if the new ones cost more, and I would pay the difference). They wouldn't do it, until I complained for 2 hours and threatened to report them to the BBB. Needless to say, I never went back to the shop, got new tires (for no extra money), and the truck rode and drove excellent after that. So, the lesson to learn from this story is to take your truck to a place you know and trust. And where people you know have recommended.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
pics?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Da Wolf
Glad you got it all worked out. And now have a good riding truck. Did they ever put the Pro Comps shocks and what not back on, that they took off?
Naaaa. I just decided to leave the lower end Pro-Comp lift on it. To be honest, I think i like the softer ride a little better anyways. The other spring and shocks were REALLY stiff, and since I'm not really doing any heavy duty off-roading anyways, I'd rather have the softer ride for interstate driving.

I am out of town until Friday, but I will get pics posted as soon as I get back home this weekend.

Mark

Quick Reply: Tire issues? New '09 FX4 w/Lift. HELP!