2009 - 2014 F-150

yet another problem with my stealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured I just post this here since you guys are already talking about the tranny.

Do you notice any clicking/clanging noises coming from your 6-speed transmission? I get this clicking noise from my truck just for the first few miles when my truck is cold (regardless of outside temp), and it seems completely random like during 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear shift, etc. With the windows down (and radio volume turned down/off), it is a noticeable loud click or clang that comes from underneath the truck, I swear it does it when the tranny is shifting. and I drive easy too, I don't hot rod my truck. It only happens when I'm on the throttle, not when I let off. But it does seem to go away after a few miles after the truck "warms" up.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
I figured I just post this here since you guys are already talking about the tranny.

Do you notice any clicking/clanging noises coming from your 6-speed transmission? I get this clicking noise from my truck just for the first few miles when my truck is cold (regardless of outside temp), and it seems completely random like during 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear shift, etc. With the windows down (and radio volume turned down/off), it is a noticeable loud click or clang that comes from underneath the truck, I swear it does it when the tranny is shifting. and I drive easy too, I don't hot rod my truck. It only happens when I'm on the throttle, not when I let off. But it does seem to go away after a few miles after the truck "warms" up.
my tranny had similar problems after the TSB it seems to be fine(had it done on friday)

Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by drdug27
I am bringing my truck in thursday do u have that TSB that i could relay to my dealer...they said today that there was no TSB on the truck
The above is why in my opinion we should have access to TSB's. Not all dealerships are A, Informed, or B, honest enough to say there is a TSB.

I just feel this way we can push back and say there is a TSB to resolve our issue like I had to do. Not trying to start a war of words just saying they help the general public when they run into issues. A 40k truck is not a $500 dishwasher.

Quick Reply: yet another problem with my stealership