2009 - 2014 F-150

yet another problem with my stealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down yet another problem with my stealership

so i brought my 09 screw down to cherokee ford today, at 4,200 i figured i would change the oil early, not used to the 7500 interval yet. basically it went down hill from there. i brought my truck there about a month ago for the tranny tsb, harsh 1-2 harsh 2-1 after coasting to stop and harsh 4th (once). AT that time the d.b. just reset the adaptives and sent me on my way. already pissed i figured i would let it go for a while, brought my truck back today, they claimed the tsb was done already, there is no fix for my truck now... they agree that there are harsh shifting problems, and that the issue has been sent to the "engineering department". The service writer said there is a another bulletin (not a tsb) about this and that why will get back to me when they hear anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
On the upside my oil changed costed me 3 dollars and 16 cents =)
but the lazy *** lube tech put the little sticker crooked and right in the middle of the windshield, not in the top left corner by anymeans, eye level and a foot away from the a pillar. and he didnt reset the oil light... not hard to do took me 30 seconds but still... i will be seeking another stealership...

Last edited by d4studmuf1n; 09-12-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't give them anymore business! take your money elsewhere. Then shoot them an e-mail and one to ford and complain about how much they suck.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
make sure at the next dealer you go to that they check the trans stratedy and it matches the one on the tsb they may have not had there ids up to date and gave you the old one this tsb should take about a hour if done when your vehicle is hot

Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
did they actually do the TSB? because if they didn't then the hotline isn't going to help at all, they will just tell them to do the TSB. and i checked for info every day at work and i have never seen any other bulletins relating to the trans harsh shift concern.

find a new dealer.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM
to tell you the truth i think the tech didnt even think about the tsb the first time my truck went in there, and they covered there asses saying there is another bulletin going to the engineering department, and actually did the tsb, cuz they said they did it again....

Old 09-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So let me get this right. You're upset the dealership already performed the tsb and can't perform another one that does not exist for your truck, and also upset about the placement of an oil change decal.

That does not sound like a dealership problem, it sounds like a personal problem.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM
no they didnt do the tsb the first time, the second time they claimed they did it already , and there is no fix for my truck, so either the dealership is lying and actually did the tsb the second time (as the 2-1 is much softer now) or the redoing of the tsb fixed the problem but there is still a potential for another problem to arise with my truck. and i mad at the lazyness of the tech at ford...

Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM
your frustration is warranted but not all techs are like that, do some research in your area and find the Ford dealer with a high customer service rating.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
And this is why the general public has no business having access to TSBs.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
i made that point in another thread, and i was basically told i was wrong. i am willing to give info to people suffering from a problem, but i would never give out blanket tech info that we use to help diagnosis problems.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
i made that point in another thread, and i was basically told i was wrong. i am willing to give info to people suffering from a problem, but i would never give out blanket tech info that we use to help diagnosis problems.
I totally agree with you too. Not sure why people think that this information should be publicly available. I'm sure there are the equivalent of TSBs in every industry - why isn't everyone crying for all the TSBs that apply to their dishwasher or their microwve?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Quintin
Heck, there is a link at the top of the forum to get TSB's. If you subscribe to Ford's Technical Services, you get them there as well. I understand some people will say they have the symptoms just becasue they have a TSB in hand.....but I keep the TSB's that are relavant to my truck in a file.

Last edited by ibcop; 09-15-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by d4studmuf1n
so i brought my 09 screw down to cherokee ford today, at 4,200 i figured i would change the oil early, not used to the 7500 interval yet. basically it went down hill from there. i brought my truck there about a month ago for the tranny tsb, harsh 1-2 harsh 2-1 after coasting to stop and harsh 4th (once). AT that time the d.b. just reset the adaptives and sent me on my way. already pissed i figured i would let it go for a while, brought my truck back today, they claimed the tsb was done already, there is no fix for my truck now... they agree that there are harsh shifting problems, and that the issue has been sent to the "engineering department". The service writer said there is a another bulletin (not a tsb) about this and that why will get back to me when they hear anything. Has anyone else had this problem?
On the upside my oil changed costed me 3 dollars and 16 cents =)
but the lazy *** lube tech put the little sticker crooked and right in the middle of the windshield, not in the top left corner by anymeans, eye level and a foot away from the a pillar. and he didnt reset the oil light... not hard to do took me 30 seconds but still... i will be seeking another stealership...
If they can't put a sticker on right I sure as hell don't want them touching my new truck.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Just an update I think when the dealer "redid" the tsb it fixed it. I haven't felt my 1-2 shift or chatter when coasting at low speeds. I think the General public shouldn't see all the tsb's either, but number one being a mechanic I have access to some of the tsb's via a third party (alldata) never the less my truck matched the criteria for the tsb, and the stealership agreed, and reflashed, whether it was the first or second time I brought my truck there I don't know. On the plus side I did find a new stealership for warrenty work if another problem should arise.

Sorry for any typo-s sent this from my iPhone...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by d4studmuf1n
Just an update I think when the dealer "redid" the tsb it fixed it. I haven't felt my 1-2 shift or chatter when coasting at low speeds. I think the General public shouldn't see all the tsb's either, but number one being a mechanic I have access to some of the tsb's via a third party (alldata) never the less my truck matched the criteria for the tsb, and the stealership agreed, and reflashed, whether it was the first or second time I brought my truck there I don't know. On the plus side I did find a new stealership for warrenty work if another problem should arise.

Sorry for any typo-s sent this from my iPhone...
I am bringing my truck in thursday do u have that TSB that i could relay to my dealer...they said today that there was no TSB on the truck

Quick Reply: yet another problem with my stealership