2009 - 2014 F-150

New Member: The Rockstar Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are 6 total in the country. to my knowledge, 2 of them are in texas, one here in philly, one in boston, and the remaining 3 are out west but exactly where i dont know.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool job you have sir! I was going to design a wrap for my truck (I do graphic design) and was quoted around 3-5k for the wrap, in case anyone was curious.

Can we see those Monster Energy trucks? Anyone with pics? The girls driving preferably? :P

Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Any way I can know where this Boston one is? I wanna are this thing up close.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 AM
I love any extended cab long bed!! Go big foot!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by sampson01
Any way I can know where this Boston one is? I wanna are this thing up close.
im gonna be in boston this weekend attending College Fest @ the convention center, so the truck will most definitely be there!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by RockstarEast
all 6 trucks were modified & assembled by a shop called Drag Cartel Industries / Cartel Customs located in Simi Valley CA. (www.dragcartel.com ) They are actually a honda drag racing team / parts shop, but they also have an alternate business creating custom vehicles. They have in the past created several show cars for Rockstar, including several Scions, and a Barracuda. So when the need arose to create such a project, they were the 1st people we turned to, and their quality of work & care is second to none.
you guys have an F150 and a Scion xB in Miami, Florida, right? I think those are the 2 I see most Fridays.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
The Boston convention center in south Boston ??

Old 09-26-2009, 12:26 AM
are there any project threads on tinting your tails?id love to see a step by step DIY

Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
not really a project thread, but i did take pics during the process. ill post em up in the tail light thread I posted earlier.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
pics will be up shortly, but I have added a 6 switch panel, Underbody Neons, and a 90 watt whelen strobe kit to the truck. I know some may consider them cheesy, and believe me i don't disagree, but for being recognized & spotted, they help out quite well.

I am also awaiting the delivery of a pair of PIAA 1500 series back up lights, to help with my rear vision at night.

Pics to follow shortly.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:36 PM
What color neon are you going with? For the strobes, you can color tint the lenses for a wicked look. Gold tint would "rock" so to speak.

Looking forward to seeing the truck.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
the under body neon is red, and the strobes are white.

colored strobes are cool - but white is by far the brightest. the strobes are the hide-a-way style, so tinting the lens would also change the color of the turn signal & reverse lights, so keeping the strobes white is just the easiest way to go.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Those taillights look so good I would almost think someone with the skills to do that could keep busy just doing them. You could keep the cost reasonable by taking trade on the original equipment taillights. You might even do well enough to pay off Ford so they continue the use of those taillights even through new body design changes. Well, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but they really are nice.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I figured I would give this thread an update as we have added quite a few things to the truck:

we decided to add a CB to the truck, seeing as how we travel so much, and besides - its fun to listen to. The CB antenna was mounted in place of the factory vertical antenna, to maintain as stock appearance as possible. To make room to mount the CB itself, we also added an 8" console from Havis Engineering. This console houses the CB, the 6 switch panel, as well as an additional panel for a few other switches. The console also adds an LED adjustable work light, with both white & red illumination. In addition to the corner strobes, we have added a Whelen LFL Strobe mini light bar to the roof, which in addition to 4 strobes, also has side work lights (alley lights), and a forward facing spotlight (takedown light). many people thought the truck should have exhaust system so it can sound bad *** to match its looks. we didnt want an exhaust on the truck all the time as sometimes its nice to have a quiet truck, so the best way to go was to install an electronic exhaust cutout between the headers, and the main exhaust pipe. this gives us the raw engine sound at the push of a button, but keeps things quiet when we need to keep the peace.

Lastly, for the winter, we also had a viper 5701 2 way alarm / remote start system put in.

Ill be updating the thread with pics shortly, but needless to say, the truck is wired to the max with all the lighting & accessories we could ever want. comments & questions welcome.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Just order Rockstar edition stickers for the bed. Just had a black billet grille installed planning on putting the Rockstar emblem in the middle. Plus my Rockstar rims already on the truck.

Last edited by pintye30; 12-05-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member: The Rockstar Trucks