2009 - 2014 F-150

wife backed into Truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wife backed into Truck!!!

My wife was leaving our garage and backed into my truck....moved the left side of my bumper in about 1/2 inch......cant really see the damage but when I turn all the way to the left it rubs.....how she pulled out so fast and was not looking is beyond me...Her Range rover has at least 2k worth of damage......anyone straighten out a bent lower bumper? Thanks for the help.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
time to trade the wife in

Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know how it can happen. I got in a hurry one morning, and backed my car into the front end of my old Ranger. I just plain forgot the thing was back there. The truck was pretty beat anyway, so I didn't really care about that, but had to replace the deck lid on the Intrigue. :o

The F150 front bumpers are pretty flimsy considering what they're on (at least they are on the '97-03's). I'd bet a come-along or maybe even a wide ratchet strap could work to pull it back out.

A buddy had a front-ender in his '97 Expy on a snowy highway coming home from the RV show last winter (not his fault). It pushed the bumper back into the tire. I tied a strap to it, gunned it a bit to yank it off the tire, and darn near tore the thing right off the truck! Called it "snaggletooth" until his boy bought it and had it replaced.

Andy

Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah they are weak, my 06 is easy to bend. As long as she just bent the bumper and not the braket you are ok. Tow strap and another truck or tree will pull it back out.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
time to trade the wife in

Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Is the bumper bent, or did it possibly just push it in at the brackets? The have some adjustments... sounds like it may be a little of both...

I let my wife drive my truck yesterday for the first time... mainly because I wanted to see it going down the road... DANG did it look good!!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the comments...Taking the truck to a friends body shop...they have chains in the floor for this type of thing...Had the truck been a few years old It would not have bothered me but seeing as a wash it weekly, make sure I park away from cars( park way out in lots) ....and generally have babied the truck it pissed me off......

Quick Reply: wife backed into Truck!!!