2009 - 2014 F-150

Weathertech Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weathertech Mudflaps

Anybody have the no-drill mudflaps from Weathertech?

I am trying to decide between the Ford, Husky or Weathertech mudflaps.

I had the molded Ford flaps on my '04 and I liked them but I had a couple of the screws rust and break off almost causing me to lose one of the front flaps. Was curious as to how well the no-drill flaps hold up.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by JRVicHammer

I had the molded Ford flaps on my '04 and I liked them but I had a couple of the screws rust and break off almost causing me to lose one of the front flaps. Was curious as to how well the no-drill flaps hold up.
I have the Ford molded ones on the rear of my '09, look & work great. They claimed I couldn't get them on the front because of the power running boards, but I still don't believe them. Looks to be plenty of room.

I had them (all 4) on my 2004 as well. And I know what you mean about the screws rusting. They installed 2 of them, the back ones, with screws that didn't ruct - they looked similiar to license plate screws. But the 2 front ones they used just regular screws that got rusty within a year, no problems but looked crappy. Wonder why they did that?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 PM

I bought the Husky and they fit and look great. I did have to drill 1 hole per mud flap to install them...

Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by scott6809
I bought the Husky and they fit and look great. I did have to drill 1 hole per mud flap to install them...
How did you get by with only drilling 1 hole? The directions show that I would need to drill three unless I have the factory running boards. I am guessing they must be referring to the plastic running boards??

Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I have the Husky flaps. I was initially confused by the whole "won't fit with the running boards" stuff I read online, but the fronts fit just fine. Plenty of room. The fronts lined up with the existing holes... backs did not. I ended up drilling holes in all four just to make them more feel more secure. Not nearly as bad as it seems at first.

I read a lot of conflicting info from folks - "I drilled holes" ... "I didn't drill holes" - never could really figure out why. ??

Definitely like the way the Husky's look on my truck, very happy so far.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Have huskys too. Love em. Tougher than the Fords.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Went with Huskys

Originally Posted by Gotmy09
I have the Husky flaps. I was initially confused by the whole "won't fit with the running boards" stuff I read online, but the fronts fit just fine. Plenty of room. The fronts lined up with the existing holes... backs did not. I ended up drilling holes in all four just to make them more feel more secure. Not nearly as bad as it seems at first.

I read a lot of conflicting info from folks - "I drilled holes" ... "I didn't drill holes" - never could really figure out why. ??

Definitely like the way the Husky's look on my truck, very happy so far.
Totally agree with above. Was initially going to go with Ford OEMs, but dealer said fronts wouldn't fit with running boards. Ended up getting Huskys for $26/pair on Amazon. Fronts fit fine with the boards. Had to drill 1 hole each per flap. Other two holes per flap lined up with existing holes. Huskys also came with 3M clear film to protect paint.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by kstrait
Totally agree with above. Was initially going to go with Ford OEMs, but dealer said fronts wouldn't fit with running boards. Ended up getting Huskys for $26/pair on Amazon. Fronts fit fine with the boards. Had to drill 1 hole each per flap. Other two holes per flap lined up with existing holes. Huskys also came with 3M clear film to protect paint.
Good price. They aren't $26/pair on Amazon anymore.

Edit: I take that back. I did just find them on Amazon for $26 by searching by the Husky SKU number (56591 and 57591). But it says they do not fit a 2009 F150. If I search Amazon for "2009 F150 Husky" it shows me the mudflaps for $37.95/pair. Not sure which ones to go with now.....I don't want to get something that doesn't work.

Last edited by JRVicHammer; 09-22-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
you can just get them here for $59.97 with free shipping set of 4:
http://www.mechanics-warehouse.com/huskymudflaps.htm

the part numbers are the same, 04-09. that's the site where I bought mine.

The Weathertech ones look interesting, but seem expensive, and I don't recall seeing anyone on here yet with them.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM
How did you get by with only drilling 1 hole? The directions show that I would need to drill three unless I have the factory running boards. I am guessing they must be referring to the plastic running boards??
Actually 3 holes lined up and 1 didn't even have a hole. The top part of the mudflap is where I had to drill.

I bought these, paid $64 for front and rear.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by scott6809
Actually 3 holes lined up and 1 didn't even have a hole. The top part of the mudflap is where I had to drill.

I bought these, paid $64 for front and rear.

I ended up getting these and installed them yesterday. I had one hole that lined up, the second hole from the top. Per the instructions I pulled out the fastener holding the stock flares which lined up with the second hole. Then I had to drill a hole for the top and bottom. There was a fourth screw but I didn't use it. It was pretty secure with only the three so I didn't put one in the hole that was the furthest towards the inside of the wheel well.

They are good quality mud flaps. I ended up getting them for $53 from Amazon.

I just noticed that the part numbers on yours are different than mine. Mine are 56591 and 57591. Maybe I got the wrong ones. All I know is they fit right.

Last edited by JRVicHammer; 09-28-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
I ended up getting these and installed them yesterday. I had one hole that lined up, the second hole from the top. Per the instructions I pulled out the fastener holding the stock flares which lined up with the second hole. Then I had to drill a hole for the top and bottom. There was a fourth screw but I didn't use it. It was pretty secure with only the three so I didn't put one in the hole that was the furthest towards the inside of the wheel well.

They are good quality mud flaps. I ended up getting them for $53 from Amazon.

I just noticed that the part numbers on yours are different than mine. Mine are 56591 and 57591. Maybe I got the wrong ones. All I know is they fit right.
Well at least your all set now. I ordered mine at Advance Auto and when he looked it up, some said 04-08 and this one came up as 09 W/O running boards and all the holes lined up for me.

I looked at my friends 06 and they looked the same, but I didn't measure the hole spacing.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Weathertech mudflaps

I got 'em for my 09 SCrew.

I love 'em. PM me and I'll send some pics. All four went on in under ten minutes, and I wasn't even rushing! A little pricey at $99, but for the no drill, I thought it was worth it.
Chris

Quick Reply: Weathertech Mudflaps