2009 - 2014 F-150

Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems??

I know, I know, this is an F-150 site, but..... The wife is contemplating buying a 150 for her new truck in a few months and letting me drive it while she takes my car. Obviously, I'm trying to talk her into the 150, without actually looking like I'm talking her into it. Her other options are two versions of the Explorer. So the question is, have there been any wide spread problems with the 2010 or 2009 truck that anybody is aware of? Even minor irritating problems would be appreciated. Man I miss my 150.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None that I have seen or heard about. Engine is the same 3 valve that has been in since the 04. Trannie was in the Expedition (6 speed) or F150 (4 speed) previously. Same rear. Some differences in interior stuff (sync and other things). Frame has been changed, and sheet metal changed. Nothing revolutionary like in the 04. So far, my experience is just a good solid truck.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Man the new F-150 is an awesome vehicle. The interior space in the supercrew is unbelievable. Just test drive one for yourself and see the difference. I didn't believe all the hype but there is a night and day difference going from a 2002 supercrew to this truck.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
There are plenty of small problems with these trucks, just like any other vehicle. But they are very, very, tiny. The actual meat of the truck is solid-suspension, engine, drivetrain, electronics....

-Headliners not sticking to the roof.
-Bottom of seat cover not attached to anything
-Water leaks-passenger side and rear window
-Remote start failure(mine)-easy wiring fix

I'm sure others could add to this list, but none of these are hard to fix, or will leave you stranded.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
None that I have seen or heard about. Engine is the same 3 valve that has been in since the 04. Trannie was in the Expedition (6 speed) or F150 (4 speed) previously. Same rear. Some differences in interior stuff (sync and other things). Frame has been changed, and sheet metal changed. Nothing revolutionary like in the 04. So far, my experience is just a good solid truck.
That's good to know. That was one of the major problems with the '04, everything was new. I was surprised at how much complaining there wasn't with that one since everything was new.

I test drove a super cab the other day and loved it. It had about as much pick up as my Charger, plenty of room, and since I'd be ordering it, it'll have exactly what I want in it, and to top it all off it is rated to have roughly the same MPG as my Charger and the wife's Explorer. That truck is light years better than my old '96. Did I mention I miss my truck.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by broncobran68
I believe that is only with those that have the moon roof.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I've mentioned before the night & day difference between the threads back when we all were buying '04's and recently when we all bought '09's. There are VERY few threads of problems compared to back in '04. The only thing that bugs me is the little creaks 'n cracks I get inside my Platinum. Thought it was supposed to be super quiet, but I guess not. Other than that, no issues I can think of. Could be one of two things. Either the similarities to the '04 have helped to keep any issues to a bare minimum, or Ford has really raised the bar in terms of quality actually being job number one. I would assume a combination of both, actually.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Really happy with my truck. 9,000 on the ODO last week. No issues.....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by broncobran68
There are plenty of small problems with these trucks, just like any other vehicle. But they are very, very, tiny. The actual meat of the truck is solid-suspension, engine, drivetrain, electronics....

-Bottom of seat cover not attached to anything
-Water leaks-passenger side and rear window
-Remote start failure(mine)-easy wiring fix

I'm sure others could add to this list, but none of these are hard to fix, or will leave you stranded.
Sorry I didn't address your comments with my second post, but I was in a hurry to get to work. Fortunately I'm not looking at a sunroof, or the remote starting features. The water leaks could be troublesome, but seem to be a relatively easy fix at the dealer. Were they able to correct the problem easily/ The seats covers are an interesting issue. Have yours come up or moved around at all? Was it simply a manufacturing oversight or is that how they are designed?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by 1depd
SThe seats covers are an interesting issue. Have yours come up or moved around at all? Was it simply a manufacturing oversight or is that how they are designed?
I can give you a little info. My Plat has had zero seat cover issues, or any other issues other than the little creakys insidethat bug me. But my boss also bought an '09, his is a Lariat. And he had the seat cover issues, with it slipping off. So he just put a couple zip ties under there somehow, and his problem was solved.

Quick Reply: Problems??